PDA

View Full Version : Wurrzag ward save

whitespyre
22-09-2012, 09:57
Does Wurrzag confer his 5++ to a unit of savage orcs he is in?

Harwammer
22-09-2012, 17:02
No. He is greedy and keeps his better ward to himself. Note he can have his ward improved to a 4++ if he hangs out with a second shaman that carries the shrunken head.

T10
22-09-2012, 19:23
Does Wurrzag confer his 5++ to a unit of savage orcs he is in?

I am curious as to why you would think that he does. I know that putting a Savage Orc Shaman in a unit of Savage Orcs affected their saves back in 4th edition, but that's pretty far back.

Most special rules apply only to the model that have them, while others affect whole units. Fore example: The Fear special rule, allows a single model to affect an entire enemy unit, but it does not make the entire friendly unit immune: Only the models that have the Fear special rule benefit from being immune.

-T10

(Yes, I know: There are other ways to become immune to Fear.)

Warrior of Chaos
23-09-2012, 20:28
If you carry a magic item on a character which confers Magic Resistance, it passes on to the unit, but not sure why you think a regular ward does. :eyebrows:

SimaoSegunda
24-09-2012, 13:49
Possibly some confusion with the Lucky Shrunken Head, which does give a unit of SO a 5++, and if Wurrzag is in the unit, then HIS ward is boosted to 4++, but the rest of the unit stays 5++.

Grimgormx
24-09-2012, 17:02
Only save that Wurzag gives to the unit is his Magic resistance, so a unit of savages, with a shamy with the shrunken Head and Wurzag will have a 2+ ward save vs magic.