PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a Legion

rickie8437
29-09-2012, 15:52
I just finished my Imperial Fists heresy army and they have just been posted to there new home in Germany

now i want to do a nother but this time not to sell but keep and play with, more so now that Forge World are putting out the heresy books.

Some of the legions im intrested in are

Emperor Children (are they not the smurfs of 30k now???)
Death Guard
Ultramraines
Salamanders
White Scars

Id love to do a Space Wolf heresy army, but i already have a space wolf force, which is growing all the time so i plan to get the Russ model once forge world do him, so i can use them then.

So any help would be great.

cheers

rik

RunepriestRidcully
29-09-2012, 16:24
I'd say Salamanders or Emperor's children, though I am doing Salamanders myself :P I'd say salamanders as the time till the book with the rules for them is released gives you time save up money or start work on the basic squads and there don't seem to be any other heresy era Salamander players I know :P Also they may get smaller quad sizes due to being a smaller legion hopefully.

El_Phen
29-09-2012, 16:33
I say 'White Scares', they sound terrifying. ;)

rickie8437
29-09-2012, 17:46
I say 'White Scares', they sound terrifying. ;)

God dam it.... I can't edit the poll doh!

rickie8437
29-09-2012, 19:49
WoW alot of love for the Death Guard

Firaxin
29-09-2012, 22:12
now i want to do a nother but this time not to sell but keep and play with
Am I to understand you sold your Fists?

I would do Death Guard, or Emperor's Children as backup. That way you have one loyalist army (Fists? or Space Wolves) and one traitor.

Whitetip
29-09-2012, 22:21
I've thrown my lot in with the White Scars. Not only are they a legion you seldom see, I think an army of them on the new Scimitar pattern jetbikes would look incredible.

rickie8437
29-09-2012, 22:28
Am I to understand you sold your Fists?

I would do Death Guard, or Emperor's Children as backup. That way you have one loyalist army (Fists? or Space Wolves) and one traitor.

Yes i sold them, it was only a small 1000 point force, but i enjoyed doing it.
If id did any of the first four traitor legions its only a matter of changing the hq and i can have loyalist as well. The idear with the wolves is if i want to run them during the heresy i can, unless i come across someone who is anal about heresy power armour lol, but i'll do that once russ is out.

I've thrown my lot in with the White Scars. Not only are they a legion you seldom see, I think an army of them on the new Scimitar pattern jetbikes would look incredible.

at 70 for three it will be a long time before an army is even close to done, i like the idear of the white and red marines with a few jet bikes to back them, but again not sure

Warllama
29-09-2012, 22:35
If you want all the nice shoulder pads and stuff right now I'd say death guard. If you're not too bothered about that kind of thing I'd say ultras!

starlight
29-09-2012, 22:54
God dam it.... I can't edit the poll doh!

:shifty:

:angel:

rickie8437
30-09-2012, 11:27
Cheers for the votes so far, might have to do a test model for the top three

Sqallum
30-09-2012, 16:17
Death Guard. I myself am starting one as I love the rules for Mortarion, and eagerly await the model. :)

Brotheroracle
30-09-2012, 16:28
Pre-hersey DG in MK II and III armor look amazing.