PDA

View Full Version : Magic armour & shield

Gary wyper
30-09-2012, 19:36
Can anyone tell me if you are allowed both magical armour and magic shield on one model, I've just noticed in the magic items section it says to treat magic shields the same as mundane ones

theunwantedbeing
30-09-2012, 19:51
Yes so long as they aren't both coming from the magical armour section.

Mr_Rose
30-09-2012, 20:04
Yes so long as they aren't both coming from the magical armour section.

Know any magic armours/shields that don't come from the magic armour section?

@OP in general you won't be able to have such an arrangement since plate and shields are both types of armour and so their magic equivalents are normally found in the magic armour section. Magic mail and a mundane shield, or vice versa, is perfectly acceptable though.

Moss
30-09-2012, 21:15
The closest thing you'll find to two pieces of magical "armor" are magical plate/mail/shield combined with a "helmet" from the Enchanted Items section.

Edit: Actually, I guess I was thinking about things like the Crown of Command and Wizarding Hat, which I guess aren't really helmets. I withdraw my last statement.

Charistoph
01-10-2012, 20:36
There is some magic armor that incorporates both regular armor and the shield in "one item", but that's the only combination you can get outside of a GW Special Character.

Harwammer
02-10-2012, 14:10
You can't buy more than one seperate armours out of the magic armour section, even if one piece is a suit of armour and the other a shield or helm.

Asensur
04-10-2012, 13:54
You can't have 2 magic armours within the same model.

Also, some magic armours replace your mundane armours/shields and some not.

Replacing light/heavy/racial armour:
-Armour of Destiny
-Armour of Fortune
-Glittering Scales
-Gambler's Armour

Replacing shield:
-Shield of Ptolos
-Spellshield
-Enchanted Shield
-Charmed Shield

Not replacing anything:
-Trickster's Helm
-Armour of Silvered Steel
-Helm of Discord
-Dragonhelm

F.E. a character wearing heavy armour can have Armour of Silvered Steel without replacing it, while he/she has to replace it if he/she takes Glittering Scales.

Same case about magic weapons, which are considered hand weapons unless stated otherwise (even those weapons with the "Paired Weapons" rule).

Harwammer
05-10-2012, 11:00
Note you can't parry with magic weapons or magic shields.

Lord Solar Plexus
05-10-2012, 12:58
You cannot parry with a magical helmet either.

F.E. a character wearing heavy armour can have Armour of Silvered Steel without replacing it, while he/she has to replace it if he/she takes Glittering Scales.

Where does it say that and what difference does this distinction make? That HE item perhaps?

Asensur
05-10-2012, 13:19

Where does it say that and what difference does this distinction make? That HE item perhaps?

page 502

A model can only have one suit of armour and one shield, so if you give a model a magical suit of armour or a magical shield, it replaces any mundane equivalent already worn by the model.

Armour of Silvered Steel is not stated as a light/heavy/racial armour, it just gives an unmodified armour save, so it doesn't replace the wearer's mundane armour

Artiee
05-10-2012, 14:27

Where do you get that you can't parry with a Magical helmet? It just says that Hand Weapon and a Magical Sheild can not be used.

Harwammer
05-10-2012, 15:10
page 502

A model can only have one suit of armour and one shield, so if you give a model a magical suit of armour or a magical shield, it replaces any mundane equivalent already worn by the model.

Armour of Silvered Steel is not stated as a light/heavy/racial armour, it just gives an unmodified armour save, so it doesn't replace the wearer's mundane armour

Considering how Armour of Silvered Steel works it is a bit of a moot point, but I'd argue (you know, for the sake of arguement) that the name of the item makes it a de facto suit of armour, thus replaces the mundane armour.

Whilst it won't improve the armour save of AoSS you can add a mundane shield for a 2+/6++ parry, right?

Artiee
05-10-2012, 18:53
Correct, unless you have a magic weapon.