PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Chaos vs Greenskins (1500 pts)

ElBeaver
01-10-2012, 00:59
My first battle-report (http://warbeaver.blogspot.dk/2012/09/warriors-of-chaos-vs-greenskins-1500-pts.html). Feedback appreciated!

MOMUS
01-10-2012, 08:24
I think your deployment as stated let you down, I also didnt understand the placement of the warhounds?
The orc player did well and had some bad luck but I think the chariot in your marauders flank would have been better than against the knights. If you had pivoted the hellcannon before shooting (and eating its crew) it might not have been stuck against that rock all game ;)

ElBeaver
01-10-2012, 10:27
I think your deployment as stated let you down, I also didnt understand the placement of the warhounds?
The orc player did well and had some bad luck but I think the chariot in your marauders flank would have been better than against the knights. If you had pivoted the hellcannon before shooting (and eating its crew) it might not have been stuck against that rock all game ;)

Are you refering to the warhounds in reserve or the one in front of the marauders? The ones in front of my marauders would provide hard cover incase the greenskins went first. The ones who deployed from reserve was to block the mangler squig.
And yeah, the savage orcs can take care of a unit of marauders on their own. But the chariot eventually did get to charge the knights and failed horibly (I recall he rolled a single impact hit), but yeah, it would normally be a good counter to heavily armoured knights.
And yeah, I tend to roll alot of rampage for the hellcanon, but it did take out his designated magebunker. I guess that put a hole in his plans :>

Toshiro
01-10-2012, 12:01
Good report, very nice format and congrats on the win. I look forward to seeing more, i really enjoy escalation leagues. :)

ElBeaver
01-10-2012, 16:39
Good report, very nice format and congrats on the win. I look forward to seeing more, i really enjoy escalation leagues. :)

Cheers. I hope to get time to do more. Fun to write up, but it takes time and the overhead during the battle (I really need to write alot of notes)!

MOMUS
02-10-2012, 07:56
Are you refering to the warhounds in reserve or the one in front of the marauders? The ones in front of my marauders would provide hard cover incase the greenskins went first. The ones who deployed from reserve was to block the mangler squig.
And yeah, the savage orcs can take care of a unit of marauders on their own. But the chariot eventually did get to charge the knights and failed horibly (I recall he rolled a single impact hit), but yeah, it would normally be a good counter to heavily armoured knights.
And yeah, I tend to roll alot of rampage for the hellcanon, but it did take out his designated magebunker. I guess that put a hole in his plans :>

I meant the ones infront of your marauders. Alot of players place their chaff like this, you are begging for two things to happen. 1: They get shot/magic off the board and panic your army before its moved out of your deplyment zone. 2: The enemy zooms up his own chaff 1 inch infront of the warhounds, now your maraunders can only move forward 1 inch after your warhounds are forced to charge.
Looking forward to the next game.

ElBeaver
02-10-2012, 09:58
I meant the ones infront of your marauders. Alot of players place their chaff like this, you are begging for two things to happen. 1: They get shot/magic off the board and panic your army before its moved out of your deplyment zone. 2: The enemy zooms up his own chaff 1 inch infront of the warhounds, now your maraunders can only move forward 1 inch after your warhounds are forced to charge.
Looking forward to the next game.

Ah, I see your point. My marauders are frenzied and therefore immune to panic so in this case not an issue. Also I knew that my opponent have no chaff so also not an issue. Besides they are my mage bunker (I really need a new magebunker), so not that interested in moving too much forward. But a very good point for another battle.

Azmodian
12-10-2012, 13:25
Well you asked for feedback. As I like battle reports that include the real pictures of the 2 armies (to show off the paint job and such) but I find that there is a loss without seeing the movement of the troops and seeing the whole battle field. Try using Battle Chronicler, google it its a free program and after about 5 minutes of messing around you will love it.

st3v3bg
16-10-2012, 11:38
Hey, great battle report for what looked like a fun (and somewhat funny!) game.

One thing I noticed that I am pretty sure is against the rules:

Chaos turn 4:

"I charge my hero out of the unit against one spear chukka, my chaos warriors against the other spear chukka and fail by 2 inches (that I cheated myself out of earlier)..."

Now, you can charge a character out of a unit, but I'm pretty sure you can not charge with the unit itself afterwards. Not sure if the unit can move at all after a character charges out of it.

I know you guys have not played in a long time and there are all these little things to watch out for so I'm pointing it out just a simple reminder, nothing more.

P.S. I admire your persistence in painting. Wish I had some of that myself... this comes from a Ogre player whose total model count is below 50 :P.

ElBeaver
17-10-2012, 06:56
Well you asked for feedback. As I like battle reports that include the real pictures of the 2 armies (to show off the paint job and such) but I find that there is a loss without seeing the movement of the troops and seeing the whole battle field. Try using Battle Chronicler, google it its a free program and after about 5 minutes of messing around you will love it.

I'm afraid that this will make it too much of a hassle to write up the battle-report. Both in regards to time spent, but also I have to do a lot of "work" during a match. Currently this is taking a few pictures and writing down notes after each subphase, which doesn't interrupt the flow too much. But I will look into it anyways.
I will try and add some illustrative graphics to the images next time and see if that helps. I guess it is also a matter of what you want to deliver with a battle-report. Some light reading where the reader gets a good idea of what happened, or a full debrief. I am for the former.

ElBeaver
17-10-2012, 07:00
Hey, great battle report for what looked like a fun (and somewhat funny!) game.

One thing I noticed that I am pretty sure is against the rules:

Chaos turn 4:

"I charge my hero out of the unit against one spear chukka, my chaos warriors against the other spear chukka and fail by 2 inches (that I cheated myself out of earlier)..."

Now, you can charge a character out of a unit, but I'm pretty sure you can not charge with the unit itself afterwards. Not sure if the unit can move at all after a character charges out of it.

I know you guys have not played in a long time and there are all these little things to watch out for so I'm pointing it out just a simple reminder, nothing more.

P.S. I admire your persistence in painting. Wish I had some of that myself... this comes from a Ogre player whose total model count is below 50 :P.

Yes, it is not legal to charge out of a unit and then let that unit charge something else. It can however move afterwards. And luckily the unit failed its charge as I recall :D

And the persistence in painting comes and goes :D The O&G is impressive in going from nothing to what you see on the table. And he has a giant he didn't field!