PDA

View Full Version : empire vs vampire counts 1600 points

cosy
02-10-2012, 10:32
hey guys, i have a match tomorrow evening against vampire counts with my empire army for 1600 points and i wonder what you guys thins i should take as i don't have a lot of experience against 8th edition vampires.

There is only one thing i wan't to use and that's the war altar as it's finally painted in all it's glory! :-)

Here is what i have:

War Altar (mandatory) with Volkmar or Arch Lector
Kurt Helborg
Luthor Huss
General on Warhorse
General on foot
Wizard lore of fire
Wizard lore of heavens
Warrior priest

20 spearmen
20 halberdiers
20 swordsmen
10 hangunners HLR
10 crossbowmen
10 archers/huntsmen
8 (IC) knights with spears/shields

10 flaggelants
10 greatswords ( can merge both units to represent on of the two)
5 pistoliers RP
8 Reiksguard knights
mortar
great cannon

hellblaster
steam tank

I think that a witch hunter, BSB and a Lv1 light wizard to buff up the golden griffon should be a good idea.
Also are 20 greatswords with detachments a viable plan with the war altar against VC? I havn't used GS like this yet and i wonder...

So what you guys think? Units can count as, as long as it's not over the top :-).

Sh4d0w
02-10-2012, 11:07
Errr please don't ask us to write your list for you, make one them we'll help you strengthen it

Commodus Leitdorf
02-10-2012, 12:50
Yeah it's a better idea to post what you like in a list and what you want and we can give you an Idea of what works vs what doesn't and why.

cosy
02-10-2012, 15:32
ah ok , sorry. I feel a bit embarassed, first time i get slapped on the fingers on this site :(

I'll make my list and hope for the best ;-)

Commodus Leitdorf
02-10-2012, 17:56
Don't worry! We're here to help! Just remember that we can give you reasons why some stuff works vs other stuff but it's always up to you in the end. If you like taking that unit of 20 handgunners with a HLR then do it! (regardless of how much they suck...and trust me I know! I have 60 of the guys and I'm gunna use'm darn it!)