PDA

View Full Version : 3,000pts list for empire buddy with several knight units

Sinsigel
04-10-2012, 04:11
Greetings,

I'm a HE player and I often play games with my buddy who has empire army.
He is still a newbie and has played 11 games, but is heavily defeated in many games.
To encourage and inspire him to play more 'competitively', I tried making lists by myself and ask for
your critique.

He currently has

Grand Master
Wizard Lord
2 Warrior Priests
Captain on Foot
Captain on barded horse(BSB)
2 engineers

40~50 swordsmen
2x10 Handgunners / crossbowmen
16 knights
6 demigryph knights
2 cannons
1 helbalster volley gun
1 helstorm rocket battery
5 pistoliers
1 steam tank(he will order it soon)

He wants to have a block of inner circle knights with stubborn grandmaster and BSB,
and also include all demigryph knights. Obviously he wants his list to be knights-heavy, one of the reasons why he picked empire.

With these conditions in my mind, I dared to write 3k list using as much models he has as possible.

Lords
Grandmaster(Shield, Sword of Might, Talisman of Preservation, Crown of Command)
Wizard Lord(Level 4, Dispel Scroll, White Cloak of Ulric)

Heroes
Captain(BSB, Full Plate Armour, Barded Warhorse, Lance, Dawnstone, Dragonhelm, Ironcurse Icon)
Warrior Priest(Great Weapon, Armour of Meteoric iron)
Master Engineer
Master Engineer

Core
40 Swordsmen(Full Command)
- Detachment : 10 Crossbowmen
10 Crossbowmen
11 Inner Circle Knights(Full Command, Steel Standard)

Special
5 Reiksguard Knights(Musician)
3 Demigryph Knights(Standard Bearer - Banner of Eternal Flame, Musician)
3 Demigryph Knights(Musician)
Great Cannon
Great Cannon

Rare
Helblaster Volley Gun
Helblaster Volley Gun
Steam Tank

3,041pts

So I still need to retrench some 40pts or so. Any comments on the list or tactics regarding it are welcome

m1acca1551
04-10-2012, 05:27
The list isn't bad... in fact i'd say its very good... has a nice balance of highly mobile units + some heavy shooting to clear away enemy chaff and remove units that will actually hurt your knights.

Drop an engineer and take a level 1-2 beasts for +1s/t spell S7 t4/5 knights with 1+ are a nasty unit to take on

Reiksguard numbers are 2 small unless you are wanting to use them as chaff clearers? i'd make the inner circle unit larger 15 strong or have them as standard knights with know upgrades if chaff removal is the name of the game.

The biggest issue with this army is that all of your eggs are in one basket.

I'd run the State troops on a flank with a hellblaster to tie down a flank and to be brought in when you need to garrison a cleared area.
Steam tank on other flank (diverts enemy units to tie down or can turn a flank if left alone)
Arty to focus on smaller units to break up the enemy battle line, i'd focus on either the largest elite formation or units surrounding it if there is good save or ward save on the unit.
If you can peel away the flanking units of the opponents main unit CHARGE your knight bus into the front with gryphon knights aiming at both flanks, wounds caused should allow them to blow through most units in turn.
I'd give level 4 life for flesh to stone and re-growth.

A few ideas, i really dislike running all knight armies with the empire, very glass hammer and a good round of enemy magic can see them rendered combat inneffective.

Juicy21
04-10-2012, 15:46
i do like all knight empire list tho;) but the problem i have with this list is no outriders. and you have nothing to get rid of small redirecters. something that works for my brothers all knight empire list is a unit of 10 outriders and a unit of 5 pistoliers. those bring a lot of fun and playstyle to a knight list.. plus i think you have to many warmachines for an knight list you find yourself without proper targets to shoot very fast.
my brothers mortar is hated and loved at our gameingroup, you might wanna use one yourself.. it blast t3 toops with ease.

Commodus Leitdorf
04-10-2012, 17:43
Well if you want to save point I recommend dropping one of the Crossbow units (either the detachment or the single unit) Alternatively, get the white Cloak off the Wizard Lord. Unless he plans on being in combat (which I don't recommend) he doesn't need the protection.