PDA

View Full Version : 3 Horus Heresy: Betrayal questions!

Fizzy
04-10-2012, 13:58
1. Can you put a contemptor in a drop pod?
2. Is bulky for Angron counted as 2 spots in a drop pod. (Planning on 8 Rampagers and Angron in a drop pod)
3.Can you really only have one "Lord of war"?

Clarkson
04-10-2012, 15:18
Bulky is 2 models...

no clue about LoW, but i think a fellblade might be a LoW, and ive seen lists by respectable internet personalities running a FB and Ang in same list

and i do wish a contemptor can go in a DP.. but dont be shocked.. you can filed them in groups of 5 if ya want

Fizzy
04-10-2012, 15:23
The fellblade is a Lord of war.
Maybe you have to consult with you opponent first if you want to field more than one Lord of war.

Hmm so not sure about contemptors in drop pods?

Cause the transport rules says: "10 models or a legion dreadnought or a rapier laser destroyer with 2 crewmembers." There are 2 different dreadnoughts. Normal ones and contemptors.

I got the book but I am not so sure about all the stuff ^^

Ace Rimmer
04-10-2012, 17:09
1) Not sure
2) Yes
3) Lords of War cannot make up more than 25% of your army i believe.

Clarkson
04-10-2012, 18:18
1) Not sure
2) Yes
3) Lords of War cannot make up more than 25% of your army i believe.

Dont mean to rag on just you... but does no-one read the BRB? The rules for size of models is in there.. and Bulky counts as 2 models, hence termies are bulky..

Fizzy
04-10-2012, 19:14
Hmm I got all answer except the contemptor one... FW will have to release a FAQ!

Lord Macharius
06-10-2012, 10:04
If the rules are the same in Betrayal as the current F/W rules, then you can only transport a contemptor in a Lucius pattern drop pod, but I'm not sure whether they are in the book or not.

Endobai
06-10-2012, 10:32
1. Can you put a contemptor in a drop pod?

Page 189 says you can in a Dreadclaw - 1 Contemptor in one Dreadclaw.

2. Is bulky for Angron counted as 2 spots in a drop pod. (Planning on 8 Rampagers and Angron in a drop pod)

Yes, as two spots, so you'll be fine.

3.Can you really only have one "Lord of war"?

Page 184

Lord of War - one but up to 25% of your points who/which can be:

a detachment of super-heavy vehicles with up to 3 structure points each,
a single Titan,
a single super-heavy flyer,
a single squadron of flyers (1-3 aircrafts),
a unit of 1-3 Ordo Reductor War Engines (Mechanicus units in the book),
or The Primarch of your legion.

Fizzy
06-10-2012, 14:45
Thanks Endobai :)

drear
06-10-2012, 15:21
if i remember my book ( im in work atm) contemptors can take a dreadclaw dropod if taken in a sons of horus list. and a normal dropod if taken as part of an orbital assault list.

its all very clearly laid out in the rules for both the sons of horus / the individual entries for units under dedicated transports / the rules for rites of war.

Fizzy
06-10-2012, 15:50
I looked it up. Sons of horus can take dreadlcaws. And contemptors may take dreadclaws if you choose orbital assault as a rite of war.

^^

Charistoph
07-10-2012, 06:19
Dont mean to rag on just you... but does no-one read the BRB? The rules for size of models is in there.. and Bulky counts as 2 models, hence termies are bulky..

Not all Terminators are Bulky, oddly...