PDA

View Full Version : Dirge Caster

Navar
04-10-2012, 20:25
Does a Dirge Caster continue to work if the vehicle is wrecked?

Clarkson
04-10-2012, 20:35
This should be in rules section... and to cut it before it gets moved there.. the answer is no.. its like asking does the lasplas still work if the tank is wrecked.. or "can i still shoot my melta? is the melta guy dead? yes? Then no"

Navar
04-10-2012, 20:36
This should be in rules section... and to cut it before it gets moved there.. the answer is no.. its like asking does the lasplas still work if the tank is wrecked.. or "can i still shoot my melta? is the melta guy dead? yes? Then no"

Yea, I don't know why it posted in this forum to be honest. Hopefully it will be moved.

I know that shooting weapons isn't allowed, and I am sure that if the vehicle was destroyed then it wouldn't work, but wrecked is a funny thing (because the vehicle remains.)

Clarkson
04-10-2012, 20:44
Yea, I don't know why it posted in this forum to be honest. Hopefully it will be moved.

I know that shooting weapons isn't allowed, and I am sure that if the vehicle was destroyed then it wouldn't work, but wrecked is a funny thing (because the vehicle remains.)

but its a tank upgrade and wreck falls under the "vehicle destroyed" column.. so like the lasplas analogy.. no you cant keep using a dirge caster that only works when you assault the tank.. and you cant assault a wreck.. nice try though

Navar
04-10-2012, 22:16
A dirge caster prevents any units within 6 inches from firing overwatch.

Clarkson
04-10-2012, 22:20
A dirge caster prevents any units within 6 inches from firing overwatch.

well w/e it did do.. it doesnt after the thing using it is killed

Navar
04-10-2012, 22:21
well w/e it did do.. it doesnt after the thing using it is killed

That is the thing. A wreck isn't killed. It remains on the board, and is treated as a piece of terrain.

Terrain can have effects.

So I don't see when/why it would lose the effect.

I also think it could make sense from a fluff perspective.

Lord Damocles
04-10-2012, 22:37
How is this even a question :confused:

If the model is 'killed' (wrecked) you don't get to continue using wargear/weapons/whatever.

To argue otherwise is to open the gates to so much undiluted crazy that the game will collapse into a singularity.

Navar
04-10-2012, 22:42
How is this even a question :confused:

If the model is 'killed' (wrecked) you don't get to continue using wargear/weapons/whatever.

To argue otherwise is to open the gates to so much undiluted crazy that the game will collapse into a singularity.

More it was thinking out load.

Is there other vehicle wargear that works like this?

Lord Damocles
04-10-2012, 22:50
You could argue for Monolith Portals, Ghost Ark Warrior resurrecuon, Sisters' Holy Icons, Dark Eldar Torment Grenade Launchers and Grisley Trophies, anything which generates an area of effect (eg. Custom Forcefield Generators on Mekboy Speeders, Locator Beacons etc.)

Chem-Dog
05-10-2012, 03:23
It's not an entirely unwarranted line of thought Navar, but as Lord Damocles says, that way madness lies.

Simplest way of looking at it is that it's a big speaker playing Vol. XIII of "Lorgar's greatest hits" (or Now that's what I call Chaos Vol 8) at full volume, if the engines and guns of a vehicle have ceased to be able to function you can bet the MPIV player that the speaker is plugged into has also stopped working. :D

Excessus
05-10-2012, 10:39
It's not an entirely unwarranted line of thought Navar, but as Lord Damocles says, that way madness lies.

Simplest way of looking at it is that it's a big speaker playing Vol. XIII of "Lorgar's greatest hits" (or Now that's what I call Chaos Vol 8) at full volume, if the engines and guns of a vehicle have ceased to be able to function you can bet the MPIV player that the speaker is plugged into has also stopped working. :D
Samus is here? ;)

Nurgling Chieftain
05-10-2012, 14:29
Terrain can have effects.Terrain can have terrain effects - in this case difficult and dangerous. It's no longer a model in your army, though, nor the vehicle it used to be.

OgreBattle
05-10-2012, 15:10
"It can't move but it still functions" is what immobilized does

everything you are imagining, that is an immobolized vehicle

Wrecked= Nothing on it works, it is wrecked. It didn't explode, but it is neverless dead.