PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions concerning Eldar Corsairs

Glenn87
06-10-2012, 10:34
I've had the book lying around for awile now (Doom of Mymeara), and was thinking about starting an Eldar Corsair army (having some Eldar models here).
When I look at the pictures of the Corsair Painting scheme, there is a Vyper, but in the army list, there are no rules for Vypers, like they don't use them (wich they do in the fluff).

Also, on p. 157, it says wich models to use, and says that alof of models from the Eldar range can be used, such as Rangers, Harlequins, Vypers, Jetbikes and Falcons.

No-where can I find rules for either the Vyper, nor the Rangers. I also couldn't find any unit that I can give Sniper Rifles to use Rangers for.

And in the rules they give rules for a Webway portal, held by a model. I Couldn't find a single model with a Webway portal (or possibility to upgrade it)?

Can anyone help me out here??
thx!!

Mini77
06-10-2012, 10:42
You can take one unit of Elites, Fast Attack or Rangers/Pathfinders from either Codex Eldar or Codex Dark Eldar as an Elites choice in a Corsair list.

Glenn87
06-10-2012, 10:47
You can take one unit of Elites, Fast Attack or Rangers/Pathfinders from either Codex Eldar or Codex Dark Eldar as an Elites choice in a Corsair list.

Yeah I know, but it looks dumb that that one choice would be the Vyper... especially as they depict the Vyper as being mainstream in Corsair armies.
And you can't take Rangers/Pathfinders as an Elite, only Eldar/Dark Eldar Elites and Fast Attack

Endobai
06-10-2012, 10:47
Most of that is dealt with by the errata

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/i/IA11Q&A.pdf

Rules for Eldar units are in the Eldar codex - IA 11 is not a stand alone release, the same with Dark Eldar allowed by the list.

OgreBattle
06-10-2012, 15:30
It's a codex with good ideas but sloppy execution.

I suggest what you do is field the Vypers as Hornets, because Hornets are completely better than Vypers. Paint the vyper canopy solid and put a ballistic shield on the gunpod and you have your 11/11/10 super vyper