PDA

View Full Version : Noise and Plague Champions

Orphic
06-10-2012, 16:30
Is there a mistake in the Noise Marine entry? There doesn't seem to be away to give him a Power Weapon with a Bolt Pistol for the extra attack. The basic Noise Marines can take a CCW for an extra point, but not the Champion. So if you want a power weapon, you need to swap out the Bolt Pistol. I guess Lightning Claws/Powerfists are the weapon of choice for Noise Champions?

Similar issue with Plague Champions, though I know that most would go with a powerfist on them if they were taking any melee weapon at all anyway.

Have I overlooked something? The Noise Champion model they show in the codex and the kit they have for it indicates that there should be a way to give them a powersword with pistol.

Warllama
06-10-2012, 16:48
I just checked the codex and I think I've got this right in my head!

So he comes with a bolter and bolt pistol and the entry for champions says that he can take any melee weapons. A power weapon is in the melee section. Problem solved! You don't even need to trade anything in!

Ace Rimmer
06-10-2012, 16:54
You can definitely give them a Plasma Pistol/Power Weapon, but I think you're right, unless the "Any Noise Marine may replace his boltgun" is also intended to cover the noise champion, allowing him to swap for a CCW, which could then be switched for the Melee Weapon option.

@ Warllama - the melee weapons section says you have to swap the bolt pistol/ccw for the option.

Grigori
06-10-2012, 16:54
No coz he DOES have to trade in his bolt pistol to get a power weapon!

Warllama
06-10-2012, 16:59
Ah I see now, like Ace said, it looks like you'll need to swap the bolter for the ccw and then swap that for the power weapon. A very complicated way of doing things.

Orphic
06-10-2012, 17:11
Ah I see now, like Ace said, it looks like you'll need to swap the bolter for the ccw and then swap that for the power weapon. A very complicated way of doing things.

Won't work. That's an option for the basic members of the squad. Champion can't do it unfortunately. :(

Guess I'll just model them with a lightning claw then. Thanks guys

Warllama
06-10-2012, 17:25
I was taking it from the common sense approach that the champion was still a marine! In the strictest wording of the rules he's not though. How annoying!

Zanzibarthefirst
06-10-2012, 17:43
I suspect that that will be changed in an errata to allow a champion to take a bolt pistol and power weapon.