PDA

View Full Version : Cheaper W40K?

wsgoldie1
08-10-2012, 15:21
Hey! My question to the forum is: Is there anywhere in the world that you can buy relativly cheap warhammer 40k? :)
Where do you buy all your models?

TY in advance / wsgoldie

Delicious Ron
08-10-2012, 15:26
Well China has a tendency to put out very cheap models, Just not very legal ones :D

But it depends on where you live I guess, as I live in Scandinavia and the krona being quite strong compared to the £ I can make a pretty good deal buying from maelstrom and the like.

wsgoldie1
08-10-2012, 15:36
Ok, sweet! I live in Scandinavia aswell :). Do they deliver stuff quick and easy? Had any troubles?

OllieC23
08-10-2012, 15:41
I live in the UK and used to use Maelstrom. Never had any problems.

Now I use Wayland Games as they are cheaper though I have heard triple helix are good value aswell.
All are UK companies so you should get a good deal.

Ebay can be useful too.

wsgoldie1
08-10-2012, 15:45
Thx alot! :) You guys just saved me alot of money ;)

Kevlar
08-10-2012, 15:51
2nd hand on ebay is always an option. Just be careful of the ones who charge 15$ shipping on a $5 miniature.

Delicious Ron
08-10-2012, 16:43
Ok, sweet! I live in Scandinavia aswell :). Do they deliver stuff quick and easy? Had any troubles?

I have never had any troubles with it, although if you buy something not in stock it can take awhile for them to get it (As I understand it GW has some strict rules on how much stock you can buy from them?). The best thing about maelstrom though is that they offer free international shipping if you shop for 20£ or more. Wayland Games has better prices on some stuff but theirs free shipping deals are usually just a couple of times a year.

Where in the great north are you located? :D

wsgoldie1
08-10-2012, 16:54
Ok I see! So I guess that if you buy alot, Wayland is the way to go. And if your just buying , lets say, two boxes or so just to get over 20GBPs, Maelstrom is better :) I guess I'll do the math later on , when im gonna buy some stuff ^^.

I live in Stockholm Swe. What about you? :)

Delicious Ron
08-10-2012, 17:11
I'm in Stockholm too actually, Ever been to Dragons Lair?

wsgoldie1
08-10-2012, 17:13
:O Awesome! No i havent, is it a gaming club of some sort? Cause me and my friend are currently looking for ppl to battle with :P!

Delicious Ron
08-10-2012, 17:28
Yeah I'm not often there myself (I'm in the process of setting up a game table at home) but they have gaming tables and terrain, just bring dice/tape measure. They have one store on Kungsholmen, which is the one with gaming tables, and a store on södermalm, which I think only has space for card games and such, Haven't been there myself.

There is also a club called Rogue Trader that takes care of the terrain and stuff, so if you wanna now more you can check with them.

http://www.dragonslair.se/
http://roguetrader.nu/forum/

Enjoy! :D

Disposable Hero
08-10-2012, 17:33
Wayland is good, although they can drive me nuts. I have been waiting for 2 weeks now for a delivery, but they decided to take some stock instead.

blackcherry
08-10-2012, 18:49
Wayland and maelstrom can be good if you are willing to wait a bit. Both companies have trouble sending things out quickly, though apparently their mail times to Scandinavia is better than the country they are based :D

Otherwise you can get some good deals if you look on ebay(I got a brand new in box unit of saurus for £7 including P+P).

You could even try Warseers very own forum, dedicated to buying, selling and trading models ;)

wsgoldie1
08-10-2012, 19:49
Ok , thx alot for the info :) helped me out alot! Gonna check out some forum threads on the matter ^^ Cheers!

wsgoldie1
08-10-2012, 19:59
Ok , thx alot for the info :) helped me out alot! Gonna check out some forum threads on the matter ^^ Cheers!