PDA

View Full Version : N'kari

TheDungen
09-10-2012, 20:49
Lo folks i thought that the demon N'kari only existed in warhammer (and that he was a greater demon) but then i found another reference to him in the IA article of the EC (as a demonprince), is he mentioned anywhere else? what about other warhammer specific demon like say belakor? have they ever been mentioned in wh40k?

Phunting
09-10-2012, 22:55
N'kari appeared in the 2nd Ed Codex Chaos, as hailing from an obscure feudal backwater, or words to that effect. That was when the games were officially linked, I don't think there's been much else since.

Chem-Dog
10-10-2012, 00:07
Pretty sure N'kari has been mentioned since 2nd. Problem is, since second Daemonprinces have suffered something of a demotion, the Likes of N'Kari and Doombreed don't sound quite as spangly as they once were.

AndrewGPaul
10-10-2012, 08:30
N'kari appeared in the 2nd Ed Codex Chaos, as hailing from an obscure feudal backwater, or words to that effect. That was when the games were officially linked, I don't think there's been much else since.

By the time that book was published, the games hadn't been linked - if they ever really were - for a while. That was the only mention in 2nd edition 40k of the idea, and even then, it was a "nod and a wink". If you like the idea of the Wrhammer setting being part of the 40k setting, then the N'Kari in the 2nd edition Codex: Chaos is the same one who is the whipping boy if the family of Aenarion; if you don't, then it's just a coincidence. :)

Doombreed was on Horus' battle barcge, according to the little boardgame in White Dwarf 161. I wonder if that little detail will remain?

TheDungen
10-10-2012, 09:40
i always figured they're separate universes (realities if you like) connected to the warp. so n'kari would exist in both. and would be the same but i always figured he had his eyes set on the warhammer world because his fued with the line of aenarion. and considering he is mentioned in the IA article which is 3'd edition he has been mentioned later than second edition.

No belakor in 40k then?

Scalebug
10-10-2012, 11:02
There is absolutely no reason N'Kari wouldn't exist in both worlds, like Skulltaker, Fateweaver, Skarbrand and the rest of the gang...

Belacor though, is a special case, as he is imprisoned on, or in orbit of, the warhammer world as punishment.

Bob Arctor
11-10-2012, 13:33
N'kari is mentioned in the Grey Knights codex. In there he is a Keeper of Secrets just like he is in the Warhammer background.