PDA

View Full Version : Looking for "Dark Angels gothic font"

PhrollikK
10-10-2012, 13:44
Hi!

I've currently started collecting a DA army thanks to DV. I'm looking for inspirational fonts to get a feel for painting gothic numbers as it were. I've tried searching for fonts on the net but have been unsuccesful. The fonts I've found have been great in terms of lettering, but the numbers are often over-looked or sloppily made. Has anyone got a font with great gothic numbering? I'm especially looking for a font that mimics the 'eavy metal style, see pic below for what I mean. Thankful for any help!

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Angels?file=HellfireDreadnought03.png[img]
[i]The number 2 on right chest guard

Sgt John Keel
10-10-2012, 16:19
Do you absolutely need it as a computer font? The 'eavy metal style numbers, as you call them, are on the Space Marine vehicle transfer sheet.

Hengist
10-10-2012, 16:34
Judging by eye - since I don't have my books to hand - I believe the standard Dark Angels typeface is something pretty close to the Germanic Gothica Textualis script, so I'd advise digging around for the appropriate fonts.

Charax
10-10-2012, 17:21
http://www.warbozz.dk/Graphic/wh40k/tables/table1.asp

Marines.ttf is likely to be the closest you'll find. I've seen reference to 40KNumbers.ttf or 40KNumbers(0-9).ttf but all links are dead

big squig
11-10-2012, 06:22
I use a font called dark11

PhrollikK
11-10-2012, 09:11
Thanks for the help guys!

Do you absolutely need it as a computer font? The 'eavy metal style numbers, as you call them, are on the Space Marine vehicle transfer sheet.

Thanks for the tip. Indeed I don't necessarily need them as a computer font. I abhor transfers so haven't looked/used at them for ages, will have another look. I'm mainly looking to GS some numbers, but wanting to style them appropriately.

PhrollikK
11-10-2012, 09:11
Warp feedback loop

Poseidal
12-10-2012, 03:12
Go for a Textura or Schwabacher face, should fit the personality of the Dark Angels.