PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld Tau

red_drake
10-10-2012, 20:34
Where can I find the rules for all the FW Tau stuff.

Some is in apocalypse 2, some is in apocalypse, some is in taros campaign, some is in the online tau update thing...
It would be great if someone could make a list of all FW tau stuff with the most updated set of rules next to it.

Comander R'alai
XV9 - hazard suits
shas'o Rmyr
XV81/84/89 comander suits
Remorta Drone Fighters
Heavy Gun Drones
All Flyers - Aeronautica
Tetra light skimmers
Knarloc Riders
Great Knarloc
Sensor Towers
Sebtry turrets

or if someone could point me to some such compilation :)

A.T.
10-10-2012, 21:20
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/t/Tauupdate.pdf
Tetras, Sensor towers, Hammerhead additional weaponry, Commander suit variants, Drone sentry turrets, Heavy gun drones, Great Knarloc, Great Knarloc herds, Knarloc riders.

IAA 2nd edition:
Piranha TX-42, R'Alai

IAA2:
XV-9s

Aeronautica:
Remora, Barracuda

Rmyrs experimental rules from 2008 - (he's also in the 2005 Imperial Amour 3, page 174)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/r/rmyr2.pdf

red_drake
10-10-2012, 22:14
Thanks!!

Words for the word god!!

uga bug
11-10-2012, 08:11
shas'o Rmyr is found hidden away in IA 3.
From memory I think hes found on the same page as the battlesuit varients. Strangely he didnt make an appearance in the update PDF.

Shamana
11-10-2012, 08:54
Wait, where was the Manta from?

MiyamatoMusashi
11-10-2012, 08:59
If anyone from Forge World is reading, it would be super awesome to have a list like this (for all the armies) available for download in the relevant section of your site.

Bigglesworth
11-10-2012, 09:41
If anyone from Forge World is reading, it would be super awesome to have a list like this (for all the armies) available for download in the relevant section of your site.

No one would buy the imperial Armour books then... ;) (Not a serious statement lol, please don't start a debate on if free rules would drive sales or ect ect)

The pdf lists are just for when the books go out of date due to rules or codex changes, which in a way is beyond what anyone else does, can you imagine GW trying to keep all the books its published over the years in date? But I suppose you pay a lot for the FW books so its to be expected you get more than a few years mileage out of them. Fluff and cool pics last forever anyway.

A.T.
11-10-2012, 10:00
shas'o Rmyr is found hidden away in IA 3. Ah yes, he's a footnote on page 174. IA3 was released in 2005 though and the R'myr pdf is dated 2008 so it may be a more up to date ruleset for him (he doesn't have his hatred of the Imperium in IA3 for instance)

MiyamatoMusashi
11-10-2012, 10:18
No one would buy the imperial Armour books then... ;) (Not a serious statement lol, please don't start a debate on if free rules would drive sales or ect ect)

I don't mean the rules. I mean where to find the rules. Barracudas, for example, have had rules printed in at least four different publications, to my sure and certain knowledge. It's not trivial to work out which ones are current.

(In the case of the Barracuda it's now clearly Aeronautica, but with other units it's not so obvious. See the post above mine in which A.T. tries to reason whether the rules for Shas'O R'myr should be taken from IA3 or the PDF based on publication date... wouldn't it just be easier to have a big list somewhere of where to find the current rules for each unit? In fact, they used to do exactly that in the books themselves - which was fine until you're not sure which book is newest - but they stopped.)

Trasvi
11-10-2012, 14:21
Also... how does one navigate to that tau update (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/t/Tauupdate.pdf) on the Forgeworld website. There's no link to it that I can see on the downloads page...

A.T.
11-10-2012, 15:18
Also... how does one navigate to that tau update (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/t/Tauupdate.pdf) on the Forgeworld website. There's no link to it that I can see on the downloads page...The links were removed for 6th in anticipation of forgeworld releasing new 6th ed FAQs some time next decade.

They rarely clear old files off their site though, just remove the links.

ForgottenLore
11-10-2012, 15:26
I don't mean the rules. I mean where to find the rules. Barracudas, for example, have had rules printed in at least four different publications, to my sure and certain knowledge. It's not trivial to work out which ones are current.

Well,... They did include such lists for each faction in Imperial Armour Apocalypse. Unfortunately, those lists are pretty seriously out of date themselves now. :) Hence the need for PDFs that can be updated.