PDA

View Full Version : Empire Battalion

Rake
11-10-2012, 15:10
In a fit of uncharacteristic forward thinking I bought 5 of the old empire battalions at a VERY good discount price from our closing hobby shop. It comes out to 100 state troops, 50 shooters, 50 greatswords and 40 knights. My question to those of you who have the battalion is the following:

Do I have the bits in the boxes to make the xbowmen or hand gunners into swordsmen? I know its spears or halberds cause just the last fiddly bit is different. but do the swordsmen come with diffrent arms that would enable me to make 3 40 man hordes of state troops and 30 shooters?

Thanks for your help

Jind_Singh
11-10-2012, 21:09
it's fiddly but it can be done -

Tuttivillus
11-10-2012, 21:15
Yes, it's possible. You will have to cut some fists from shield hands and glue it to shooters sword hand. They look all right. I have a detachment made that way.

Scythe
12-10-2012, 06:58
Indeed it can be done, but not without some cutting of arms. The shooters mostly have their left arms attached to their bodys, so that will need removal for the shield arm (or addition of a hand). Poses might be a bit of compared to the rest of the unit, but it might work out ok. Of course, the shooters are all unarmoured, might you be worried about the wysiwyg aspect, but it is a minor thing really.

Tuttivillus
12-10-2012, 09:07
Of course, the shooters are all unarmoured, might you be worried about the wysiwyg aspect, but it is a minor thing really.

Nah, it's just painting really. Light armour includes leather armour, right? To the op : here's some finished ones

Rake
12-10-2012, 09:10
Ok, point clearly made. Thanks guys.

Askari
12-10-2012, 09:14
Do I have the bits in the boxes to make the xbowmen or hand gunners into swordsmen? I know its spears or halberds cause just the last fiddly bit is different. but do the swordsmen come with diffrent arms that would enable me to make 3 40 man hordes of state troops and 30 shooters?

No, you can't, not even the world's most talented sculptor-converter could manage that. The project is a shambles, you may as well donate those Battalions to a good cause, like me. :p

Really, it's pretty simple. Though even easier would be to make the actual State Troops into Swordsmen and make the Handgunners into Halberdiers or Spearmen. Empire BS shooters are so poor, out of that lot I'd probably make 10 Crossbowmen, then 2x50 Halberdiers and 1x40 Swordsmen or Spearmen.