PDA

View Full Version : cyclone missile launcher

kieranhoare
13-10-2012, 01:15
hey all, i'm thinking about doing a black templar army, with lots of terminators and cyclone missile launcher (2 launchers in squads of 5 coz black templar can) and i was wondering the best way to get additional cyclone missile launchers, does anyone know if the dreadnought ones from forge world would fit on a terminator, i dont have dreadnoughts or terminators to see the size difference of shoulders, or would whirlwind launchers work, can changing the whirlwind into a rhino

Khorneguy
13-10-2012, 01:25
My old flatmate had a templar army and he used the tempest missile launchers from land speeders for his second cyclones.

Either that or go on a bitz website and order some

kieranhoare
13-10-2012, 01:29
thanks khorneguy

igwarlord
13-10-2012, 01:54
Missle lauchers from sentinels work great! They look good and most IG players have a bunch left over that they will give away.

kieranhoare
13-10-2012, 02:01
is there a different box for scout and armour sentinals, im playing on doing an elysian drop trooper list with them sometime, might as well buy them now as well, im a big fan of allies so u can combine to small armies you are trying to build up, thankyou 6th edition <3

cibilech
13-10-2012, 02:17
No the newer sentinal kits are both scout and armored in one kit so you get all the options in one kit.

kieranhoare
13-10-2012, 05:10
awesome thats great :)

cuda1179
13-10-2012, 05:28
You can also use spare Havok Missiles from the Chaos vehicle accessory sprue. Or, if you prefer, you can go to a 3rd party bits maker. Try this one: http://bitspudlo.com/products/tsunami-portable-missile-launcher

kieranhoare
13-10-2012, 05:32
You can also use spare Havok Missiles from the Chaos vehicle accessory sprue. Or, if you prefer, you can go to a 3rd party bits maker. Try this one: http://bitspudlo.com/products/tsunami-portable-missile-launcher

has now been booked marked, thanks

MajorWesJanson
13-10-2012, 09:07
The missile launchers from the drop pods are also a good size, and are rarely used from what I have seen.

As for double missiles in 5 man squads, I'd magnetize them, as when Templars get an update, expect that option to go away.

Killgore
13-10-2012, 10:29
Put a post up in the wanted section of the trade forum here on warseer, always a good place to ask

kieranhoare
13-10-2012, 11:12
thanks all

kieranhoare
14-10-2012, 03:12
The missile launchers from the drop pods are also a good size, and are rarely used from what I have seen.

As for double missiles in 5 man squads, I'd magnetize them, as when Templars get an update, expect that option to go away.

how many launchers do drop pods come with, plan on using those deathstorm drop pods from forgeworld some time, by using drops pods with deathwing missile launchers or what not, dont exactly have a drop pod yet, but i want them :D

Formerly Wu
14-10-2012, 03:43
As a side note, if you're planning an Elysian army, take note that Elysian Sentinels have different weapons that are not in the standard Sentinel box. Drop Sentinels come with a heavy bolter, multi melta or heavy flamer, only the last of which is covered by the basic Sentinel kit.

The Drop Sentinel sold by Forge World has both, but uses the older style of Sentinel leg structure.