PDA

View Full Version : Dark Angels Successor Chatper

Royals
13-10-2012, 20:11
I have a fairly large Deathwing force that I've been working on for a while now; however, I did not paint the in the standard DA/DW Fashion. I painted them using Catachan/Castellan Green, Red Gore accents, and Liche Purple/Bleached Bone Robes

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx307/mrjgking/WH40K/Deathwing01.jpg

Since they're not actually Dark Angels, I figured I would make up a Successor Chapter called the Angels of Dominions. In Christian/Jewish religion, the Dominions I believe are a member of the second circle of Angels who generally overseer the lesser angels and kingdoms of man. I had planned on using this as part of the background for my Chapter. I pictured this Chapter overthrowing/deposing corrupt planetary governments or leaders who aren't 'going with the flow'. They make heavy use of Terminators to swiftly deploy troops who 'remove' the political powers and any of their forces.

What do you think about this brief background?

librerian_samae
13-10-2012, 20:19
Sounds good so far, looking forward
to hearing/seeing more.

Formerly Wu
14-10-2012, 01:55
Models look good, and fluff has a decent start. Two questions I'd like answered:

Who decides what counts as "going with the flow"? If its the overall Imperium, the chapter might have a reputation as being lapdogs of the High Lords- although that would obviously come with its own perks. If the chapter itself decides, then I could see some real potential for conflict when they inevitably cross the line.

The other is what kinds of enemies has the chapter made in the wider Imperium? Summary removal of planetary heads is bound to anger somebody. A cabal of corrupt (but not rebellious) governors taking revenge for one of their own? Another chapter who considered a planet their territory? The High Lords themselves, or even their brother Unforgiven?

Stuff to chew on.

Baaltor
14-10-2012, 19:11
I have a fairly large Deathwing force that I've been working on for a while now; however, I did not paint the in the standard DA/DW Fashion. I painted them using Catachan/Castellan Green, Red Gore accents, and Liche Purple/Bleached Bone Robes

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx307/mrjgking/WH40K/Deathwing01.jpg

Since they're not actually Dark Angels, I figured I would make up a Successor Chapter called the Angels of Dominions. In Christian/Jewish religion, the Dominions I believe are a member of the second circle of Angels who generally overseer the lesser angels and kingdoms of man. I had planned on using this as part of the background for my Chapter. I pictured this Chapter overthrowing/deposing corrupt planetary governments or leaders who aren't 'going with the flow'. They make heavy use of Terminators to swiftly deploy troops who 'remove' the political powers and any of their forces.

What do you think about this brief background?

Suddenly my dark angel green Deathwing squads are less original.

I like the scheme/models though. :P

Mage
14-10-2012, 21:45
Love the name, models and story, keep it up dude!

Royals
15-10-2012, 01:40
This is definitely some good feedback. I can see them choosing who is fit to rule and who needs to be deposed in their own opinion. This creates good reasons for them to fight other Imperial forces and even other Space Marine Chapters. I'll post up more pictures as I finish painting. The ones I put up are partially finished, needing to be inked and highlighted. Thank you all for the encouragement and feedback. Keep it coming!

Royals
17-10-2012, 20:01

Commander Nuriel stood next to his long time friend and advisor, Brother Librarian Grigori. He sighed internally as he looked at his gathered forces. Their numbers were few, but they were fierce warriors of the Emperor.

"Sergeant Daniel, have the scouts reported any more survivors?", the Commander turned to the Marine.

The Marine replied as he scrolled through information on a data pad, "Yes, Commander; though, they are few in number, a small Tactical Squad. It appears they are still in stasis. Scouts have also reported a Rhino in the wreckage; though it is likely it will need to be rebuilt from the ground up."

Nuriel nodded. It had been ages since the Chapter had seen battle. For many years, the Angels of Dominion had been dormant in stasis after returning from a campaign purging the Orkish Xenos threat from an Imperial Forgeworld. Due to some system malfunction of miscalculation, the Angels had been asleep for too long. Many of the ships carrying their brothers had simply passed their home world, floating off into the vast darkness of space. Others, like the vessel carrying Nuriel and his commanders had crashed on an unknown planet.

The Commander turned to the Librarian who was watching over the gargantuan mass of a Dreadnought. The behemoth's Drop Pod had been ejected when the ship entered the planet's atmosphere. The stress and resistance of such a brutal entry had stripped most of the paint from both the Pod and the Dreadnought alike.

"How fares our venerable brother, Grigori?"

Keeping his gaze fixed on the armored mass, Grigor replied. "He is operational and fully functional. It seems that the vast majority of the damage is cosmetic."

"Good, Grigori, good. We will need his strength and experience if we are to survive this hostile place."

Royals
18-10-2012, 13:40
I'm going to try to keep a narrative of my experience with my Space Marines, including battle reports and pictures. I made a promise to myself that I would not play any games with models that have not been completely painted, so over the past two months, I've been hard at work painting up my models. I take a few hours every week to paint and assemble my miniatures. As of right now, here is a catalog of what I have.

Dark Angels from Dark Vengeance - Almost all of these have received their first complete layers of paint and are waiting to be inked and highlighted.

Belial Conversion - Completely painted, just needs sealed and based with static grass

Terminator Squad - Base coated and awaiting ink and highlights

Dreadnought - Primed black

Terminator Squad x3 - These have all been assembled and need to be primed. I am going to paint these in chunks. I can only paint so many Terminators before I get bored.

Dreadnought - Assembled and ready to be primed.

Drop Pod - This has been primed white and has a little paint on it. I started painting from a white base but I prefer the dirty, gritty look that a black base gives. I'll probably paint this up anyways as it will be a nice way to break up painting infantry and should be an easy job.

Drop Pod - Assembled and waiting to be primed. Like the one I primed, it has been assembled without the harnesses inside as it is used for Drop Podding my Dreadnoughts.

Assault Terminator Squad x3 - These are all new in the box and have not been assembled. Like the other Terminators, I'll work on these every once in a while in order to keep things interesting. I find if I work on the same type of models, I get bored and lose my motivation.

Venerable Dreadnought - Still in the box and has not been assembled. I'm thinking about purchasing the FW Autocannon arms to make this a Mortis Pattern Dreadnought.

Drop Pod - Still in the box and has not been assembled.

Rhino - I just ordered this. I've been assembling and painting almost exclusively infantry, so it will be nice to work on a vehicle and it will at some versatility to my army. After I finish with the Dark Vengeance set, the squad of Terminators, and the Dreadnought, the Rhino is next up on my project list.

So, those are the models that I have or will have at my disposal. Some future purchases will include a Tactical Squad, a Predator, Devastator Squad, and a Storm Talon. My goal is to complete one unit/vehicle a month and I'll throw in existing kits that I own intermittently. The problem I ran into with my Imperial Guard and when I started my Deathwing army is that I just had too much on my plate. I bought a lot of models at one time and lost the motivation to complete them. Now, there is a Games Workshop Hobby Center right by my work so I have a place that I can frequent and get some good games in.

As I said, I'll be sure to try to keep this updated.