PDA

View Full Version : I'm addicted to speed!

PrivateLucky
14-10-2012, 04:24
So I have been playing dark eldar for a while and I have been spoiled by their amazing speed and I have been thinking about starting another army. Other than dark eldar and eldar what armies are really fast? Or is that just an eldar thing?

Kevlar
14-10-2012, 04:28
Tau? Lots of skimmers and jump jet units.

Ravenwing?

Joewrightgm
14-10-2012, 04:33
Orks I think will be up you're alley; Speed Freaks are unsafe at any speed, lots of AV 10 open topped transports, bikers, Nob Bikers, heavier open topped transports, Deff Coptas . . . the list goes on.

CrownAxe
14-10-2012, 04:52
Blood Angels, full of jump infantry and fast type vehicles

Freman Bloodglaive
14-10-2012, 05:35
Biker marines. They are certainly fast, if not as fast as Dark Eldar.

Ianos
14-10-2012, 08:58
Necrons, you can have an army of flyers and/or other fast units like wraiths, lords.
Dark Angels are famed for their bikes and mobility and they got a codex coming.
Daemons have army wide deeps strike and decent fast units.
Overall most armies can add something fast nowadays especially since they can have allies

kieranhoare
14-10-2012, 13:03
necrons can have alot of flyers, almost any non vehicle can take one as a dedicated transport and you have the doom version on it, one nasty gun, they have alot of skimmers also, and some fast units like wraiths, scarabs and triarch paetorians, although their initative is rather slow, almost always 2, except for a few things here and there

Asura Varuna
14-10-2012, 14:06
Tau are pretty quick and synergise well with Eldar allies (who are, funnily enough, also pretty speedy). Other than that any sort of Marine biker army is going to be fast and tough to shift.

AlphariusOmegon20
14-10-2012, 16:08
Speed Freek Orks, enough said.

Nym
14-10-2012, 16:29
Speed Freek Orks, enough said.
Seconded. Get ready to lose a lot though...

Havock
14-10-2012, 18:53
That **** is nasty, I suggest getting professional help.

FashaTheDog
15-10-2012, 00:56
No one, besides aircraft, is as fast as (Dark) Eldar jetbikes who can move 48" in a single turn. Space Marine bikes can only go half as fast and normal jetbikes top out at 36". So if you are looking for a second army that can keep pace, you need aircraft. Necrons can mount up on croissants and toss in a few jetbikes whereas Guard can take quite a few Valkyries and Vendettas, more so if you run the Elysian list as the former is a dedicated transport for all your squads. If speed is your real goal and your group is open to Forgeworld, then Orks and Space Marines (pick your flavor, although Blood Angels have plenty of fast vehicles) are also good fast options as you can load up on aircraft with transport capacity. Still, Dark Eldar are right now the codex with the most variety for a fast as all get out army.

The_Klobb_Maniac
15-10-2012, 01:31
Speedy Freek orks are the closest fit. Almost all armies have a fast variant except:
-Chaos
-Sort of nids
-I think grey knights also miss out

BT and SW are just marines, so they don't count.

FashaTheDog
15-10-2012, 01:42
Grey Knights are a compact version with Storm Ravens, Interceptors, and Dreadknight teleporting. Chaos can pull it off with Dreadclaws if Forgeworld is allowed, since those drop pods can take off after landing.

TheDungen
15-10-2012, 02:27
either speed freaks as said earlier, or a biker csm army led by the doomrider (only model since there is no rules)

Shamana
15-10-2012, 13:52
Another vote for the speed freaks. A pity you need a SC for bike troops, though... although doesn't any boss allow you to take a unit of biker nobs as troops?

Joewrightgm
15-10-2012, 14:20
A warboss allows nobs to be taken as troops; non bikers are under the same entry as nobs, so there you go :)

If you have access to raid on kastorel novem, you can use the speed freak boss that also makes bikers troops.

Shamana
15-10-2012, 19:34
If you have access to raid on kastorel novem, you can use the speed freak boss that also makes bikers troops.

Ah, thanks for the boss tip. Anyway, doesn't Wazdakka allow you to take bikers as troops anyway, or is the FW boss better?

Joewrightgm
17-10-2012, 15:08
Wazdakka allows that, but zhardsnark (sp?) has a strike at initiative power fist

ftayl5
19-10-2012, 01:53
You're addicted to speed?
You're clearly a Speed Freek Ork.
1. Deffkoptas and Dakkajets are exceedingly fast and have powerful shooting.
2. You can put all of your units in Trukks for a lot speed though little armour (like DEldar) or Battlewagons for some more longevity.
3. You can take Nob Bikers as troops if you have a warboss. These guys are ridiculous. They're T5, always have a 4+ cover save thanks to their engine exhaust and a 4+ armour for combat too. They've got a huge number of attacks and can be kitted out with big choppas and power klaws and other toys too while their speed will get them into combat by turn 2 if you like.
AND THEY'RE TROOPS (if you take a warboss)

Stormboyz are great too, jump infantry that have a chance of exploding everytime they move but get move around very quick and hit like a tonne of bricks.

Speed Freek Orks is da way!!

If you're not into green, then blood angels would work too. They can be very fast.