PDA

View Full Version : Can I do this?

Fizzy
14-10-2012, 18:40
Okey so with the new Horus heresy book from FW I made a list.

Wanting to have Angron protected and have some company with him rampagers were not a good choice since I can't afford a Land raider for at least 6 months.

So I got 5 Chataphractii's I want to put in a spartan but it says that the units must be 6 or more to ride in the spartan.

Do you think Angron can be that 6th until I can buy 1-2 more terminators as bits from Ebay or anything like that?

Thanks in advance.

Aryllon
14-10-2012, 19:34
Wait... you're dropping the first choice due to not being able to buy a Land Raider, and instead chose a unit you need to buy a Spartan for?!

If it were me, I'd absolutely allow an opponent to include ICs as counting toward the unit size for embarkation (so long as it's just a general 'units embarking must be 6 strong' rule - if you can only buy a Spartan for a unit of 6 or more in the FOC then no I would say you can't count Angron as part of the unit).

Kijamon
14-10-2012, 19:44
Where does it say that about the spartan? I think you need to re-read the terminator section of the book - dedicated transport part is your hint.

Fizzy
14-10-2012, 20:25
The terminator section. Elites.

I will quote exactly:
"A legion terminator squad numbering five models or less may take a Land raider Phobos as a dedicated transport or a spartan if ten models or fewer. Note that if an army contains a character that has one of the Rites of war special rules (see page 189)
other dedicated transport options may be avaible for the squad"

I dont buy a spartan. I already own one since a few months back I think. Unbuilt ^^

Kijamon
14-10-2012, 20:34
The terminator section. Elites.

I will quote exactly:
"A legion terminator squad numbering five models or less may take a Land raider Phobos as a dedicated transport or a spartan if ten models or fewer. Note that if an army contains a character that has one of the Rites of war special rules (see page 189)
other dedicated transport options may be avaible for the squad"

I dont buy a spartan. I already own one since a few months back I think. Unbuilt ^^

Yes, so what bit of that says you need 6 models?

10 models or fewer can take a spartan, 5 models or less can take a land raider phobos.

Rites of war is offering you more options - like drop pods - assuming you pick the HQ choice that offers you to take that option.

Fizzy
14-10-2012, 20:39
I misinterprated(?) it. Thinking that if you had 5 you were only allowed to use the phobos. But when some people explained in my thread and with this thread I now know that even If I have 5 I can take the spartan.

I know. I am not choosing any rite of war because I do not like any of them ^^

Disciple of Caliban
14-10-2012, 21:56
Just for the record, i'm hurt you didnt trust me and felt inclined to check if i was right :(

Fizzy
14-10-2012, 22:11
I trusted you ^^ But I made this thread before you answered in my other thread. :)