PDA

View Full Version : 8th edition games with 7th edition armies

DaBob
15-10-2012, 15:15
How does this work?

i would like to use my skaven army against 8th edition empire.. i've never had a cross-edition game before, so do i have to convert/negate any rules??

danny-d-b
15-10-2012, 15:18
you just ignore the page about army compersition and play the game with normal 8th rules- if you need anything else erraters give it on GW website, just print it off and take it to game with you

Kuroi
15-10-2012, 15:43
Why don't you just use your skaven in the current "metagame" I.E current army book against empire's "new" army book and 1 standard main rulebook (8th)?

zoggin-eck
16-10-2012, 00:13
I'm not sure what you are asking. Have you read the rules and FAQ's?

VAharleygirl
16-10-2012, 06:14
My dad's Skaven army, and my Bretonnia army, were started in 5th ed. He & I have played several games, and he's played vs Tomb Kings using 8th ed rules, and haven't had too much problems with balance.

Ratarsed
16-10-2012, 13:11
GW has on their website all the necessary changes you need to convert the 7th edition Skaven book into 8th edition rules. Search for errata or FAQs and you should find it. I've been playing my Skaven with 8th edition rules since 8th was released.

Tuttivillus
16-10-2012, 13:56
How does this work?

i would like to use my skaven army against 8th edition empire.. i've never had a cross-edition game before, so do i have to convert/negate any rules??

Yes, You do. All the rules You'll find under FAQ on GW's site. It's a good match, at least for me. I had a real pain against Skaven in 7th, but with a new book I feel it easier :D