PDA

View Full Version : Just Had to Tell Someone

agurus1
16-10-2012, 03:00
My 4th game with 6th Ed CSM. Fighting against Blood Angels. Turn 4 Kharn turns himself into a Daemon Prince. Turn 5 My Sorcerer turns himself into a spawn :chrome:

Was an awesome game :cool:

Swordsman
16-10-2012, 03:12
My 4th game with 6th Ed CSM. Fighting against Blood Angels. Turn 4 Kharn turns himself into a Daemon Prince. Turn 5 My Sorcerer turns himself into a spawn :chrome:

I can definitely understand what you mean. I had a stellar game with my Black Legion last night, and had a terminator-champ best several various aspiring champions, and become a daemon-prince on the last turn! It didn't do a lot, but it was certainly a memorable, and fluffy game. :D

Sildani
16-10-2012, 03:22
That's awesome, truly. Fun and flavorful.

agurus1
16-10-2012, 04:52
Yeah so far Champion of the Gods has been nothing but fun, and has even crept into my tactics. I now find my self not only considering terrain, and objectives, but also how many characters my opponents have and how I can bag the most of them. Kinda a personal challenge lol. Although my sorcerer has turned himself into a spawn twice so far :/ lol

Theocracity
16-10-2012, 06:01
Haha, that's awesome. I played a game against a Chaos opponent with a jump pack Sorcerer. After kicking my boyz teeth in all game with enfeeble and iron arm (and getting even tougher with boons), he makes a dramatic jump near the end of the game to contest a point. Facing down a horde of boyz solo, he kills my nob - and is promptly spawn'd. The game had already been decided, so it was an entertaining way to end for both sides. Of course, this was after he rolled demon prince twice in a row at the beginning of the game when it didn't count - karma I guess :D?

Also reminded me of the time I had a chance for a game-winning contest with a lone Stormboy. With the game on the line, he fired his rocket pack - and promptly blew himself up. Hilarious!

I understand why competetive players don't like random events, but sometimes it's just plain fun to get pumped up about a make-or-break roll even if you lose it. It reminds me of great D&D games where one player's roll could save or doom the party and everyone gets excited.

agurus1
16-10-2012, 06:04
Lol amen man. So far I live the new dex and the randomness it has, now I just have to grab some spawn models too lol

OgreBattle
16-10-2012, 08:10
I hope flavorful bits like the Champions table creeps into other segments of 40k, say Orks...

virre
16-10-2012, 08:16
Sweet ^^ I was not as lucky.

First game with Chaos. Turn 4 my Chaos lord defeats an exarch and turn into a spawn. The following turn my sorcerer do the same. 300 points turned to 60 xD It was still a great game but those two rolls became the reason why I lost (more or less).

But I must say that the gift of mutations was loads of fun. Got fleshbane on my Chaos biker with a powersword and off he went to slay a wraithlord.

/Virre

Threeshades
16-10-2012, 09:19

I'm starting to feel i have to give that book an in-depth read.
Sounds like fun and chaosy things actually happen with this iteration.

aim
16-10-2012, 09:58
I understand why competetive players don't like random events, but sometimes it's just plain fun to get pumped up about a make-or-break roll even if you lose it. It reminds me of great D&D games where one player's roll could save or doom the party and everyone gets excited.

I know that feeling. Reminds me of the psychic powers table in the Dark Haresy rulebook. Theres always a chance that trying to open that door with telekenisis is going to spawn a portal that consumes the universe.... Ah fun times.

RanaldLoec
16-10-2012, 13:22
I hope flavorful bits like the Champions table creeps into other segments of 40k, say Orks...

We get the squig bomb that chases our own vehicles 1-6 uses, trukk damage chart, shokk attack gun misfire madness, random psychic powers every turn.

We have plenty of fun random stuff.

SideshowLucifer
16-10-2012, 15:48
Saturday I played against a Chaos opponent who charged my huge unit of necron warriors and actually passed his Ld test and slaughtered my Lord and rolled Daemon Prince, but there was nowhere he could place the model and be within 3" and outside of 1" of my stuff, so he removed himself from the game. Epic to defeat my Lord and than the Lord's curse removed him as well :p

iamcjb
16-10-2012, 16:36
It seems right that an army called "Chaos" is a bit random at times...

jeffzcubfan
16-10-2012, 17:08
This is the risk with Chaos and one of the reasons some tournament competitive people don't like to play them, or don't want such tables in the codex. They want to know 100% what they are getting, and randomness doesn't make for a good tourny list for them.

Me? I love it! That's part of the fun of playing such an army. It's probably one of the reasons I like to play O&G in WHFB. The Waaagh rules make it an unsure thing that your troops will do what you want. In my opinion, a better challenge for a general, since that is what happens in the real world. Random things happen and never go to plan.

Jeff

blackcherry
16-10-2012, 17:15
My my, people actually playing the Chaos Codex and having fun with it?! Can't have that on Warseer ;)

Nah, great to hear man. I haven't gotten a game in with the new codex yet, but the table does seem pretty cool.

Daedalus81
16-10-2012, 17:41
This is the risk with Chaos and one of the reasons some tournament competitive people don't like to play them, or don't want such tables in the codex. They want to know 100% what they are getting, and randomness doesn't make for a good tourny list for them.

Me? I love it! That's part of the fun of playing such an army. It's probably one of the reasons I like to play O&G in WHFB. The Waaagh rules make it an unsure thing that your troops will do what you want. In my opinion, a better challenge for a general, since that is what happens in the real world. Random things happen and never go to plan.

Jeff

The funny thing is that its a pretty low chance and going spawn or prince for most champs is an upgrade.

Cap'n Shings
16-10-2012, 17:48
Haha that sounds awesome. Cannot wait to get a few games under my belt with the new dex, hopefully this week.

Theocracity
16-10-2012, 18:00
It is a low chance, but it tends to get noticed more often. I bet we're going to see more 'my champion turned into x' posts than 'my champion got x stat boost' ones ;).

You are right too - for some unit champions even turning into a spawn isn't a bad deal, assuming they didn't have too much equipment.

agurus1
16-10-2012, 18:32
Lol well hey when my Sorcerer turned into a spawn vs Deathwing, he ended up tying Belial up for 2 rounds (and even did 2 wounds lol)

sprugly
17-10-2012, 09:21
Played a game earlier this week, rolled on the boon table 3 times. Got 2+ save on one guy, who never had to make a save all game. Got nothing on another guy, then on the dark appostle after the re roll I got stubborn! (hes already fearless) also when I rolled on the warlord traits table with the apostle I got the ability to re roll boons with him, so my table rolling wasn't up to much! Lol

Still, had a great had fought game that ended in victory!

Sprugly

Latro_
17-10-2012, 11:18
Yep played a game last night and my asp champ hardoken'd a guard (arbite) veteran sergeant and 6-5 = prince! Only my second roll ever on the table, the one prier to that was on saturday last week when my lord turned into a spawn! The boon table is definitely a great hidden win for this codex, its not exatly reliable but a bit in the sense of the pure fluffy awesomness and getting to roll on a big table - reminds me a bit of 2ed.