PDA

View Full Version : Dark mechanicus and necrons

Nicho
16-10-2012, 17:39
Hey guys, i wanted to get your opinions on if you think necrons could be infected with scrap code? I'm adding some necron allies to my chaos and was planning on modeling them as dark mech but i also like the idea that the dark mechanicus might be able to infect and control a dormant tomb world. What do you think?

Enigmatik1
16-10-2012, 17:53
I had a similar thought but in the other direction. I envision CSM infected with Mindshackle Scarabs serving as allies to my Necron army. Regardless, it's your army and the alliance in question is legal so do it and enjoy it.

IcedCrow
16-10-2012, 17:57
It works. I was also looking at dark mechanicus allies using the necron rules and dark mechanicus type models. They wouldn't be necrons at all, rather mechanicus models (constructs and such)

Nicho
16-10-2012, 18:12
Yeh thats what ive started doing but the thought of doing infected crons had crossed my mind too :-)

Lord Damocles
16-10-2012, 18:18
One would expect a race of robots to be able to generally avoid viruses etc., even if just by stripping the Necrontyr occupant out of the body.

Far more logical to have Lords/Crypteks as [dark] magi, and Warriors/Immortals as Androids (http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1366&bih=673&tbm=isch&tbnid=_QvmsCQ2mdGnXM:&imgrefurl=http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/38998-Space%2520Crusade%2520Androids%2520and%2520Dreadno ught.html&docid=rK5Ax0_A7dZPfM&imgurl=http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2009/6/20/38998_md-Android,%252520Chaos,%252520Chaos%252520Android,%2 52520Chaos%252520Space%252520Marines,%252520Dreano ught,%252520Necrons.JPG&w=800&h=600&ei=tJZ9UNv6F4Wx0QWvx4CYCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=799&vpy=51&dur=3289&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=154&ty=142&sig=103868956893061986292&page=1&tbnh=143&tbnw=209&start=0&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0,i:79).

Nicho
16-10-2012, 19:14
Well scrapcode is a mechanical virus not a bio one so removing the necrontyr bit wouldn't make much difference in my mind :-D

As i went down the dark mechanicus style route i thought i'd share a pic of my immortals

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/17/e7a5yze8.jpg

Lord Damocles
16-10-2012, 20:04
You could just dispose of the body though, destroying the infected bit(s) of the Necron while holding onto the occupant to upload to another form.

It wouldn't necessarily be impossible to infect a Necron (or group of Necrons) - although it's never come up in the background, so we can't know for sure - but it would require a lot of jumping through metaphorical hoops (disabling phase out for one).

Harriticus
16-10-2012, 20:25
Necrons would view the Dark Mechanicus as ants playing with toys, and indeed the technological difference is more or less apt to that description.

Polaria
16-10-2012, 20:46
Necrons would view the Dark Mechanicus as ants playing with toys, and indeed the technological difference is more or less apt to that description.

Although a good amount of ants can not-so-gently prod a human to wave his hands and run around in certain way the ants lack control. ;)

Nicho
16-10-2012, 21:18
Its more the warp taint in the scrapcode id see as making it capable for DM to infect crons but then i'm not sure how susceptable necron constructs would be to the powers of the warp.

Private_SeeD
16-10-2012, 21:42
Well scrapcode is a mechanical virus not a bio one so removing the necrontyr bit wouldn't make much difference in my mind :-D
As i went down the dark mechanicus style route i thought i'd share a pic of my immortals
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/17/e7a5yze8.jpg

Well kudos on the models, have got any others?

Nicho
16-10-2012, 22:47
Not yet i have to model an Anrakir the traveler as my main Dark magos, i also need to decide on how to make a command barge, doom scythe and triarch stalker aswell. For the stalker im thinking forgefiend body with some sort of mechanical torso coming out where the neck would be. Doomscythe would maybe be a converted stormtalon

Chem-Dog
17-10-2012, 06:01
You could always have a Necron Phaeron in full on bonkers mode believing he is a member of the Mechanicum/Dark Mechanicus/Adeptus Mechanicus.

Or it's simply a bonkers Mechanicum/Dark Mechanicus/Adeptus Mechanicus dude who thinks he's a Necron and is building servitors/skitarii that look like 'Crons.

Any way you cut it, bonkers isn't a huge stretch for either group. :D

Nazrax
17-10-2012, 21:17
Gah! Chem-Dog beat me to it, lol. I was thinking the same thing. A crazy Necron Lord that thinks he is Dark Ad Mech would be rather fun I think. The possibilities are pretty much wide open with conversions and chaos-y goodness! I would be interested in seeing your work as it progresses. Lots of pics please!
Me personally I am not a big fan of chaos corrupting anything Necron, I have always had the impression that Necron tech is so far advanced that it is the polar opposite to warp powers, sorcery, psykers, etc. etc. I kinda like the idea of the C'tan being the opposite of the Big 4 in the warp. Thus each opposite can influence but not directly control the other. I do however think that both sides are powerful and bat-***** crazy enough that various Lords/powers on either side could believe that they are the other-much like Chem-dog has said. I very much like the idea and think that Tzeentch would be involved in any number of wacky plots, could be the beginnings of some fun RPG campaigns too! All this being said-YMMV and it is a big galaxy and who knows what can happen? As long as you are having fun go crazy! Perhaps literally!! *cackles madly*:evilgrin:

As an aside- thinking of the Necron/DM conversions and fluff, I started thinking of an Ork/Necron one. How much comedy gold could you come up with, both in terms of conversions and fluff???:D Im giggling to myself right now just thinking about it!:chrome:
Alas if only I had the slightest skill or inclination to do modeling/painting... but the fluff could be fun to mess about with! Does anyone know of any Ork/Necron conversions and fluff? If so I would be interested in checking it out. Just PM me and thank you in advance!

Allornone
18-10-2012, 09:19
The canon shows that necron can be hacked, either by virus (the flayed ones are the victim of a virus realeased by a C'than), by altering their mind (Thaszar the invincible hacked the control program of a Tomb World, which in turn convinced the dinasty that exiled Thaszar that he was the rightful pharaon) or by removing them altogheter (the control program of a tomb world went skynet and erased all the necron minds and now use the bodies as simple automatons). The first case is probably esclusive to C'thans, but I think is possible that the Magos have hacked the control Program of a Tomb World (maybe already damaged to explain the vulnerability) and throught this can rewrite the mind of the necrons to either convince them to serve the dark mechanicus or completely deleting all necron minds and using the bodies.

And for the Necron/orks thing, I can't avoid to thing about this http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Orkhammer#Orkron

Nazrax
18-10-2012, 11:05
And for the Necron/orks thing, I can't avoid to thing about this http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Orkhammer#Orkron

Pretty funny stuff there about the Orks infiltrating the Imperium and a Necron Tombworld. Thank you for that!