PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see in the next Horus Heresy book, Massacre?

Sqallum
16-10-2012, 20:16
As the title suggest, what would you like to see in the next FW HH book, Massacre.

I would like....

The army list from Betrayal to be in Massacre.

In terms of Legions...

Iron Hands
.In general, a special rule that factors in bionic augmentation, such as 5+ or maybe 6+ Feel No Pain.
. The Morlocks as the bodyguard of Ferrus Manus. It would be cool if they could have WS5 like other elite units.
. Gabriel Santar.
. Some benefit to Techmarines?
. A really hard statline for Ferrus Manus to reflect his abilities. In one of Nick Kyme's novels it says Ferrus was the strongest and toughest Primarch, and only Vulkan was level with him in terms of strength and endurance.
. EDIT: A FW kit for Iron Hands Augmentations. I need this bad :)

Salamanders
. An army wide special rule, like He'stan's, but different.... allow multi-meltas on Terminators etc... Master crafted stuff...
. The Firedrakes. Hopefully with flamey equipment.
. The Pyre Guard. These guys should be incredible.
.Numeon, the leader of the Pyre Guard to be a real close combat hero.
. Some nice rules for Vulkan, as he doesn't do much after Istvaan. Hopefully a rule to reflect his artificer equipment.

What would you like? I haven't included Traitors because I'm not much interested in them, but that's just my opinion....

Harriticus
16-10-2012, 20:19
Fluff covers the entire Drop Site Massacre
Rules/models for Ferrus Manus, Lorgar, Corax, Vulkan, Curze

Gorthaur
16-10-2012, 20:52
I wouldn't mind seeing a few new units for the 4 Legions from Betrayal, didn't the Emperor's Children have the earliest Noise Marines at Isstvan 5?

DeeKay
16-10-2012, 21:06
I wouldn't mind seeing a few new units for the 4 Legions from Betrayal, didn't the Emperor's Children have the earliest Noise Marines at Isstvan 5?

According to the BL series, yes. Chances are that the other six Legions present will be slightly fleshed out (four are already detailed in HH:B). Maybe even an appearance from Custodes forces as allied detachments? If we're going along the lines of the BL books, at least a few of them were present amongst the Word Bearers. Maybe they would have been attached to other Legions to assure the defeat of Horus?

With regards,
Dan.

Dryad
16-10-2012, 21:06
I've heard Night Lords will be in there.

I would like to see them depicted prior to all this Raptor happy fluff. I really can't stand the 40k approach to Night Lords and that they are some sort of jump pack Legion. Like, we're not the goth Raven Guard... Enough of that ****!

I would like to see some really neat disruption stuff. Breaking down communications, messing up Reserve rolls, hacking vox commands, causing army wide terror. You know, the good stuff.

Endobai
17-10-2012, 08:49
I know (FW seminar) that Iron Hands, Salamanders, Night Lords and Word Bearers are supposed to have legion rules in the book which is the first part of two volume series about Isstvan V.

Four Legions seems to be the number we can expect to be the highest number of legions covered in each volume.

As the title suggest, what would you like to see in the next FW HH book, Massacre.

I would like....

In terms of Legions...

Iron Hands
.In general, a special rule that factors in bionic augmentation, such as 5+ or maybe 6+ Feel No Pain.
. The Morlocks as the bodyguard of Ferrus Manus. It would be cool if they could have WS5 like other elite units.
. Gabriel Santar.
. A really hard statline for Ferrus Manus to reflect his abilities. In one of Nick Kyme's novels it says Ferrus was the strongest and toughest Primarch, and only Vulkan was level with him in terms of strength and endurance.

HH - Betrayal suggests (wargear list) that they should have access to Mechanicus only options. Not all of them, but some.

Salamanders
. An army wide special rule, like He'stan's, but different.... allow multi-meltas on Terminators etc... Master crafted stuff...
. The Firedrakes. Hopefully with flamey equipment.
. The Pyre Guard. These guys should be incredible.
.Numeon, the leader of the Pyre Guard to be a real close combat hero.
. Some nice rules for Vulkan, as he doesn't do much after Istvaan. Hopefully a rule to reflect his artificer equipment.

Multi-mealtas are available to Sons of Horus terminator guard, so it seems obvious.

Inquisitor Shego
17-10-2012, 09:00
I want to see rules for rememberancers! Akin to the camera crew in Starship Troopers, they get you bonus VP if they're in line of sight of a squad doing something propaganda worthy.

TheDungen
17-10-2012, 11:08
i wouldnt be on the ground of istavaan if i were them

von Knoedelmann
17-10-2012, 13:03
I want to see rules for rememberancers! Akin to the camera crew in Starship Troopers, they get you bonus VP if they're in line of sight of a squad doing something propaganda worthy.
Hahahaha!! That would be some kind of cool...
I would really like to see Perturabo and his lot. But if not I would nuy the book anyway cause I already love the betrayal book.

Odin
17-10-2012, 19:23
I've heard Night Lords will be in there.

I would like to see them depicted prior to all this Raptor happy fluff. I really can't stand the 40k approach to Night Lords and that they are some sort of jump pack Legion. Like, we're not the goth Raven Guard... Enough of that ****!

No, the Raven Guard are the goth Raven Guard!

TK-421
17-10-2012, 19:44
I want them to convey the fact that Lorgar was slightly less than a tactical genius just slightly

AlphariusOmegon20
17-10-2012, 19:51
I know (FW seminar) that Iron Hands, Salamanders, Night Lords and Word Bearers are supposed to have legion rules in the book which is the first part of two volume series about Isstvan V.

If that holds true, then I know I'm getting that book the day it's released.

Sallies AND Word Bearers in the same book? Yes, please!

The only thing that could make that better would be to put Alpha legion in there as well, though based on what you're saying, it seems AL might make the 2nd book of the Massacre.

Aiwass
17-10-2012, 20:20
I'd like to see 4 new legiones (not portrayed yet) Iron Hands & Lizzardmanders would be nice, but for the traitors Night Lords & Alpha Legion. I really don't care about the Word Mongers, despite the fact they were my first traitor army :p

Vaktathi
17-10-2012, 20:46
I'd love to see some Iron Warriors, for obvious reasons.

Give me some BIG guns, Astartes combat engineers (Terminator combat engineers would be awesome!), fieldworks and fortifications, and the like.

Sqallum
18-10-2012, 19:15
It's only Part 1? Awesome! It would be great if Part 2 had rules for the IW, I have a soft spot for those guys :D Yeah, I would love rembemmancers. (sp?) to be in it as well, as a nice little addition. Would be a nice little swarm.... ooh, fielding thousands of the little scumbags iin apocalypse games.... :)

Navar
18-10-2012, 20:26

I would like....

In terms of Legions...

Iron Hands
. Gabriel Santar.
. EDIT: A FW kit for Iron Hands Augmentations. I need this bad :)

Iron Hands are all I really care about.

Iron Hands Augmentations would be awesome, so that is one I would really like. IF Bionics gives feel no pain, I hope it is at 5+ and just normal Feel no pain. It bugs me when they try to change those numbers.

Morlocks would indeed be great, and I look forward to seeing them. Hopefully they will be Cataphractii.

I also agree that unique wargear/options for their Techmarines, and also for their Terminators. I don't think that anyone has utilized the "experimental Weapons" trait or whatever for terminators.

I am just really excited to see it.

But I hope that the Army List isn't in it. I would much rather subsequent books cost 20 pounds (okay realistically 10 pounds) less and didn't contain all of the crunch. I already have that army list. I think it would be (overall) a loss of sales revenue for them to keep reprinting the same army list every book.

Is it due about March?

Private_SeeD
18-10-2012, 23:26
I know this view is in the minority camp but when do you think Dark Angels will be in a HH? I assume they'll probably be in the last HH book since sadly they weren't in any of the major fights, were any of the other chapters int eh same boat as the Dark Angels? I thought Blood Angels since they were off fighting demons but they make it back to Terra just in time

Chem-Dog
18-10-2012, 23:38
Nighthaunter.

Sevetar.

Everything else is just gravy.

Antipathy
18-10-2012, 23:54
The Gal Vorbak, and The A Team, ur I mean, Alpha Legion Team Omega.

Nazrax
19-10-2012, 10:19
Iron Warriors would be awesome. I have a soft spot for the ultra-hard siege masters. They seem like such a cool legion-bitter, cynical, calculating, methodical, multi-layer plans with countless redundencies.....more please!!! IW remind me of my wife when she is mad at me-Hell hath no fury and all that lol.

Im also incredibly excited about 1k Sons. I really want to see how FW handles pyker squads and just how awesome Magnus is-both ruleswise and model(which of course I WILL be robbing my wife's purse so that I can buy :evilgrin: )

Beppo1234
19-10-2012, 11:21
I know this view is in the minority camp but when do you think Dark Angels will be in a HH? I assume they'll probably be in the last HH book since sadly they weren't in any of the major fights, were any of the other chapters int eh same boat as the Dark Angels? I thought Blood Angels since they were off fighting demons but they make it back to Terra just in time

Hopefully there's an aftermath book, or at least a section. The Legions that are rushing back to Terra to turn the tide... and maybe include the DAs returning to Caliban

Endobai
19-10-2012, 11:32

The timetable of the HH has changed, so the DA are likely to appear somewhere after Calth which I am assuming will be the 5th book.

Currently we should ( I think) have it similar to the following:

Book I (Isstvan III) - Sons of Horus, Death Guard, World Eaters, Emperor's Children - done,

Book II & III (Isstvan V) - Iron Hands, Raven Guard, Salamanders, Night Lord, Word Bearers, Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion - partially confirmed,

Book IV (Prospero) - Vlka Fenryka, Thousand Sons + Custodes, Sisters of Sisters of Silence and perhaps the Spire Guard,

Book V (Calth) - Ultramarines, changed Word Bearers + cultists and such,

Book VI/VII/VIII - Blood Angels (Signus), Dark Angels vs Night Lords, Alpha Legion vs White Scars, Imperial Fists vs Iron Warriors - either smaller volumes or a big one dealing with everything because there is too little to throw into larger, separate volumes.

Book IX (or earlier) - Mars - so Mechanicus civil war perhaps with Imperial Fists as guest stars.
Pretty massive subject because an entire mechanicum army will have to be built from nothing, when it comes to the resin models that is.

Navar
19-10-2012, 14:25
The timetable of the HH has changed, so the DA are likely to appear somewhere after Calth which I am assuming will be the 5th book.

Currently we should ( I think) have it similar to the following:

Book I (Isstvan III) - Sons of Horus, Death Guard, World Eaters, Emperor's Children - done,

Book II & III (Isstvan V) - Iron Hands, Raven Guard, Salamanders, Night Lord, Word Bearers, Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion - partially confirmed,

Book IV (Prospero) - Vlka Fenryka, Thousand Sons + Custodes, Sisters of Sisters of Silence and perhaps the Spire Guard,

Book V (Calth) - Ultramarines, changed Word Bearers + cultists and such,

Book VI/VII/VIII - Blood Angels (Signus), Dark Angels vs Night Lords, Alpha Legion vs White Scars, Imperial Fists vs Iron Warriors - either smaller volumes or a big one dealing with everything because there is too little to throw into larger, separate volumes.

Book IX (or earlier) - Mars - so Mechanicus civil war perhaps with Imperial Fists as guest stars.
Pretty massive subject because an entire mechanicum army will have to be built from nothing, when it comes to the resin models that is.

I am not sure that Calth and Signus won't be grouped together. They seem to be logically similar (daemons, some Changed Word Bearers, etc.)

Sqallum
19-10-2012, 16:08
I assume (this is just guessing!) it will be something like this:
Prospero - Thousand Sons and Space Wolves?
Calth - Ultramarines?
Siege of Terra - Imperial Fists, Blood Angels?
Chondax - White Scars, Alpha Legion?
Istvaan Part 2 - Iron Warriors, Raven Guard?
EDIT: Ignore this, I prefer the one above! :)