PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angel Allies - The fluffiest/coolest Choice

Doomseer
17-10-2012, 14:59
I'm thinking of adding some allies to my Blood Angels, more for modelling and fun to be quite honest. I have been wondering which Imperial force is considered to be the fluffiest or coolest choice?

I haven't included a poll as I want to get very specific responses, so for instance if someone suggests the Marine Codex, it would be nice to include which Chapter in particular, the reasons why and what units they would choose.

So then what do we think? :)

Denny
17-10-2012, 15:09
I'm thinking of adding some allies to my Blood Angels, more for modelling and fun to be quite honest. I have been wondering which Imperial force is considered to be the fluffiest or coolest choice?

Necrons. Fist Bump!

Theocracity
17-10-2012, 15:11
Guard are always an option, but if you're doing it for modeling you might consider the Sisters of Battle. They have similar angelic themes which could mesh well together.

AmKhaibitu
17-10-2012, 15:17
Necrons. Fist Bump!

This is of course supported by codex blood angels, it's especially fitting if you're facing tyranids.

iamcjb
17-10-2012, 15:29
White Scars or Imperial Fists.

Alternatively you could ally one of the Blood Angel successor chapters, but use the standard codex. In this case I would look for a chapter whose main colour is not red.

Royals
17-10-2012, 15:34
If you want to go fluff, I would say Sisters of Battle, Grey Knights, or Imperial Guard. Imperial Guard would be a very common ally to most Imperial forces and makes a lot of sense.

Doomseer
17-10-2012, 15:39
I really can't take the Ward BA/Necron alliance seriously. :rolleyes:

They're not Imperial either. ;)

I have been leaning toward Grey Knights, Guard or Sisters with my thinking.

de Selby
17-10-2012, 15:53
Any of those is good. I'm cobbling together an 'Angels of Death' force out of starter set Dark Angels and some converted BA kits that I like, mostly on the grounds that they used to share a book!

Theocracity
17-10-2012, 15:54
I think BA / Necron is okay, but only if your army represents one of the forces that were present for that fight. It's not a standing alliance between the two factions, but it still has use.

If I were doing a BA / Necron army, my fluff would be that it's lead by a BA commander who was present at the fight and disagreed with the temporary alliance. He's disgruntled and there's tension in the chapter because of it - but he finds his missions stalked by the Emmissary of the Silent King, who keeps phasing in to battles to help and keeps lobbying them to turn the fight to the Tyranid.

It's still not very likely, but it's certainly a better backstory than 'brofist.'

Edit: Of course, if you want to stay Imperial, you could do Necron as counts-as Mechanicus forces.

ChrisMurray
17-10-2012, 15:55
I would say do a bit of all of them, then you can pick from game to game. If you only want to do one though I would say Grey Knights. Because the Allies FoC is so small it lends itself to small elite forces whereas if you were to choose IG it would be better to have them as your primary FoC and your BA as the Allies.

OgreBattle
17-10-2012, 16:23
isn't there some fluff where the eldar dig mephiston out of a pile of rubble?

loveless
17-10-2012, 16:28
Anyone present from the Imperial side at the Second Battle for Armageddon would be fitting, I think.

isn't there some fluff where the eldar dig mephiston out of a pile of rubble?

Perhaps - If I remember right, only 3 Avatars die in that story, so it's a win for the Eldar background.

SideshowLucifer
17-10-2012, 16:30
I run my Fleshtearers with Guard allies personally. It allows me to give support for holding objectives to an army made entirely to take them.

onidemon
17-10-2012, 17:19

I haven't included a poll as I want to get very specific responses, so for instance if someone suggests the Marine Codex, it would be nice to include which Chapter in particular, the reasons why and what units they would choose.

So then what do we think? :)

One that comes to mind right away is the Armageddon Steel Legion - the miniatures are hard to collect, but that's fine for an allied force as it's smaller by nature, and during two different Armageddon wars the Blood Angels command was in charge of the Steel Legion as well.

Personally, I've been thinking about Tau - there was this hinted "Tau cannot be corrupted by chaos" thing going around, and as such I could see tithed Tau troops fighting alongside marines, who would consider them more trustworthy than human guardsman, in the time period of the 13th Black Crusade after where the timeline ended.