PDA

View Full Version : Is the daemon codex going to be redone soon?

RunepriestRidcully
18-10-2012, 11:14
I'm thinking of getting some Allied tzeentchian daemons for my Thousand sons, I have the models, just not the codex and don't want to buy it if it has a good chance of being replaced soon, so does anyone have any idea if it is being replaced soon/when it may be redone?

Beppo1234
18-10-2012, 11:49
did it not come out a month or two ago? It was attached to a WD

A.T.
18-10-2012, 11:57
I've seen rumours of next year, but then you never know with GW - if you wait you could be waiting for a long time.

Grocklock
18-10-2012, 12:31
It could be out soon the Vampire armybook got a WD update. they within 6 months got an update. Then again Orks got a codex update with the flyers but are not due for an update for a while yet so.....

Cheeslord
18-10-2012, 12:51
The White Dwarf "codex" just gave 3 new units, deleted one and changed 2 more (with carelessly designed rules leaving some confusion over how they work now). Hardly a new codex though it may have boosted Screamer sales.

I'm somewhat ambivalent about a new Daemons codex. While I think it could do with one, and look forward to seeing new options, I am worried about what GW have been doing to monstrous creatures recently (e.g. nerfing the CSM prince, Nids...), and the new Daemon rule simply being a 5+ save. I fear they might become the next tyrranid codex, with Eternal Warrior and Fearless being removed but inadequate rebalancing of costs to take this into account, and even more of an autolose versus grey knights. Still, we can hope for the best.

I expect Tau, Eldar, dark angels + at least 2 other random Space Marine codices before Daemons (maybe Orks and another obligatory SM codex, too)...so probably not for a while yet.

Mark.

Orphic
18-10-2012, 12:58
Hastings had said

"To clarify....

Books.

CSM
WoC
DoC
Chaos Daemons

All will be realeased within 4-5 months of the CSM codex hitting (sep afaik)"

But has since included Dark Angels in there somewhere. Tau, Lizardmen and then Eldar are meant to follow that. Harry mentioned Sisters of Battle as something he has heard too, but I don't think there's anything concrete on them.

Ulrig
18-10-2012, 13:22
I think you would see a new Daemon's Codex in the first half of next year.

Cheexsta
18-10-2012, 13:28
What Orphic said, and Hastings is about as reliable as they get. I'm really looking forward to it; I've spent the past year or so focusing on my CSM, and would love to focus on my Daemons once I'm done :)

wyvirn
18-10-2012, 18:44
Geologically speaking, yes.

SideshowLucifer
19-10-2012, 02:10
My hope is that some of the powers of the warp entities will revert to psychic powers like daemons in fantasy use magic. I also hope they reign in a few of the special characters while making the basic troops worth taking as well. As much as I love seeing Flamers being good, I think they are too points efficient at the moment.

Lord Squidar
19-10-2012, 05:10
I agree on the psychic powers versus shooting attacks. Make daemons very high mastery levels (4 or something for a Lord of Change, he is made of magic afterall) but then supplement it with basic shooting attacks elsewhere. I would personally love to see a sonic screech attack for daemonettes so they can weaken their opponents before the charge in.

As for the inevitable flier, I would love for daemons to get a giant bomber type thing. Maybe a nurgly giant flying slug thing that launches globs of disgustingness at people as it floats past. Kind of like a disgusting rotten tentacly zeppelin of doom.

SideshowLucifer
19-10-2012, 05:11
I think daemons should get the helldrake. It looks like it fits in more with them than it does the chaos marines..lol

Lord Squidar
19-10-2012, 05:17
Well they kind of already get it since their battle brothers do, but it doesn't fit with their theme. All of the daemon stuff barring the daemon prince is an original piece of the relevant chaos god. The heldrake still has a human pilot somewhere in there

SideshowLucifer
19-10-2012, 05:22
Daemon Engines don't have pilots. They are possessed vehicles.

Orcboy_Phil
19-10-2012, 05:57
Daemon Engines don't have pilots. They are possessed vehicles.

CSM codex pg.52 "Helldrakes where once noble fighter craft flown by Spacemarine Pilots..." "...keening anguish of what remains of the individuals who used to pilot the machine." "The Steermans inside the Helldrake becoming consumed by the power and independence granted them by their fighter craft." It then goes on to say how the pilot is imprisoned in a "I have no Mouth" scenario. It still has the pilot, its just that the Daemon now controls the machine.

SideshowLucifer
19-10-2012, 16:01
I stand corrected :)
I'm sure the Daemon's will get some big flying beastie in their next book though. I can't imagine GW passing up an opertunity to add a huge, expensive kit to daemons which can be used in fantasy and 40k.

TheDungen
19-10-2012, 22:00
i'd still prefer screamers being true fliers, i could see a flock of screamers descending on an airplane and ripping it apart. feels much more demon than flying godzilla. "We are legion for we are many"