PDA

View Full Version : Players in Leicestershire

Eternus
19-10-2012, 15:21
I'm looking for players that may be interested in starting a local club, primarily aimed at players that struggle to get to stores and clubs for gaming due to work and family commitments, living in or near the following locations between Loughborough and Leicester:

Sileby
Quorn
Mountsorrel
Barrow upon Soar
Rothley

Anywhere else between Loughborough & Leicester.

I live in Sileby, so I am focussing on the immedate surrounding area. Get in touch if you want to talk about arranging some games.

Cheers.

Ealdwulf
21-10-2012, 06:14
I met a guy in Austria from Leicestershire. Oddly enough he played warhammer fantasy. He mentioned a pretty good scene around there (or so I thought). I reckon you'll have some luck finding games.

Swifty
21-10-2012, 08:59
Hi, I run a gaming club just outside Melton Mowbray in a village called Asforby on a Thursday night. If you are interested then here is a link to our forum http://meltonwarhammer.proboards.com/

Eternus
21-10-2012, 09:19
Thanks for the responses guys. Finding people that play isn't so much a problem. I know of at least 3 or more clubs and stores where I can play, the problem is fitting it around work and responsibilities at home. I have a garage gaming area, and 11 armies between 40k and Fantasy. What I can't find are people who I can play againt in the immediate area. Games further afield, even just into Leicester, take a whole night to travel to, play and travel back, which I understand is how most gaming works, but when you have an 18 month old kid to consider, options are more restricted.

I can't be the only gamer in a three mile radius, not with 2 GW's and two independants in Leicester and Loughborough. Even in the village where I used to live there were several.

Eternus
21-10-2012, 09:26
Hi, I run a gaming club just outside Melton Mowbray in a village called Asforby on a Thursday night. If you are interested then here is a link to our forum http://meltonwarhammer.proboards.com/

Having checked out exactly where Asfordby is, that's not far at all. I'll definitely be in touch - with questions! Cheers Swifty.

Swifty
21-10-2012, 12:15
Your lucky I spotted this, normally I avoid warseer due to all the negativity on here but I just thought I'd check out the rumour threads this morning and saw your post. Yeah head on over to our forum we can answer all your questions there.

Eternus
21-10-2012, 13:44
Your lucky I spotted this, normally I avoid warseer due to all the negativity on here but I just thought I'd check out the rumour threads this morning and saw your post. Yeah head on over to our forum we can answer all your questions there.

Thanks Swifty. All registered as Eternus, just to save confusion.