PDA

View Full Version : What best represents Pre-Heresy Legionaire Bikes

21-10-2012, 03:27
I'm looking to do an 8 man Night Lords pre-heresy bike squadron. Which models do you think would best represent this? The CSM bikes or the SM bikes. Would love to convert some jet bikes though. Anyone done this before? I'll be using the riders legs and arms but torso's, backpack, weapons and heads of FW MK III armor.

Freman Bloodglaive
21-10-2012, 04:02
I'd say loyalist bikes. They wouldn't get spikes and things until after the heresy.

Clang
21-10-2012, 20:02
The Chaos bikes have a more old-fashioned vibe about them that's appealing for Pre-Heresy - if you can handle the pain of removing/covering the chaos icons, they'd otherwise be pretty easy to convert. (I agree they'd be spike-less.)

Or low-flying jetbikes are also a good option. There are some excellent conversions around based on the SM bike, and some 3rd party manufacturers do nice resin ones.

jt.glass
21-10-2012, 20:21
Or low-flying jetbikes are also a good option. There are some excellent conversions around based on the SM bike, and some 3rd party manufacturers do nice resin ones.Forgeworld (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Events/Jetbike.html) also have some on the way, if you don't mind them looking, er, a bit like penises.

glass.

Khorneguy
21-10-2012, 20:45
I've seen some very cool and effective conversions combining the basic space marine kit with the iron armour from FW Looks incredibly brutal and fits right in with legion armies

starlight
22-10-2012, 03:09
Forgeworld (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Events/Jetbike.html) also have some on the way, if you don't mind them looking, er, a bit like penises.

glass.

It's not often I *really* don't like something from FW...but I *really* don't like those... :eyebrows: :(

I've seen some very cool and effective conversions combining the basic space marine kit with the iron armour from FW Looks incredibly brutal and fits right in with legion armies

Any links...? :angel: