PDA

View Full Version : harpy conversion/proxy

kieranhoare
21-10-2012, 04:51
Hi all, im thinking doing a nid list with a harpy or 2, ans seeing as there is no model for it yet, what do people do, it's tempting to get the forge world harridan or what ever, but its a bit to expensive for me, so do you guys convert them, if so what do u use to convert them, or do you use like a hive tyrant or something as a proxy, also has enyone heard of any harpy model comming out soon?

kieranhoare
21-10-2012, 04:55
just saw a winged nazgul, idea is now in head

MisterRichard
21-10-2012, 04:58
If you combime the trygon/mawlock kit with the hive tyrant kit you'll get an appropriately sized monster and wings. You might even get away with just buying the wings from a plastic dealer or something but I doubt there will be a dedicated harpy model being released soon.

Nonalyth
21-10-2012, 08:06
I'd probably start with the winged tyrant and go from there. Repose it into a more horizontal stance and rework the head and weapons.

Angelwing
21-10-2012, 08:59
it's tempting to get the forge world harridan or what ever, but its a bit to expensive for me

The harridan is waaayy too big (and very expensive to buy) for a harpy. Combining carnifex / trygon kit with large wings would do, or use a flying tyrant kit and 'counts as' for now.

kieranhoare
21-10-2012, 09:07
thanks guys, i'll probably will mix the trygon/tyrant, coz, its going to be to confusing using just a flying tyrant kit, as, this is going to sound pathetic, but, i want to try the dual wing tyrant, triple harpy list, haha, it looks fun, and as there are 5 monstrous creatures, it'll be cheaper to start then a horde army, haha, thanks again guys