PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Beastmen army help needed

commanddarksun
26-10-2012, 01:17
Im working on a Beastmen list but i need a hand on its construction. Without further ado here is the list, points are in square brackets:

Lords
Great Bray-Shaman [260]
level 4 (lord of death), Stone of Spite

Heros
Wargor [121]
Battle Standard Bearer, Heavy Armour, Standard of Discipline

Bray-Shaman [100]
Level 1 (lore of Beasts), Dispel Scroll.

Core
30 Gor [265]
Additional hand weapon, Full Command

30 Gor [265]

8 Ungor Raiders [48]

Tuskor Chariot [80]

Tuskor Chariot [80]

5 Chaos Warhounds [30]

Special
Razorgor [55]

Razorgor [55]

30 Bestigor [390]
Full Command

4 Minotaurs [252]
Great Weapons

Comments are greatly welcomed.

Kayosiv
26-10-2012, 04:13
Your list appears to be over by 1 point at 2001.

Those Minotaurs don't need great weapons. You have a 400 point unit of bestigor that already have great weapons. They fill the role of high strength attacks in your army and it's doubtful that you're really going to need two units that have strength 6+, especially with a death sorcerer to snipe monsters. Save the points and just have them with nothing or extra hand weapons.

Your heroes seriously lack in mundane equipment. Get your shamans additional handweapons. Why the heck doesn't your BSB have a shield, let alone an enchanted shield? Since you're going to put your heroes in units anyway, you can probably lose 2-3 gor to find the points for this change.

Buy those ungor raiders a musician. II'd be tempted to get the Minotaurs one as well.

Grim Tuesday
26-10-2012, 14:30
Agree with the mundane equipment for the characters. While the BSB cannot take the enchanted shield with a magic banner, he can take the gnarled hide gift. When combined with Heavy Armour and a shield this would give him a solid 2+ save.

It would also be useful to know how you intend to deploy your 30 man units, and where your characters intend to go. The Bestigor are one of the only units in the Beastman army who can take a magical banner, and I would suggest that you make use of this, even just the BoEF for help with regen.

commanddarksun
26-10-2012, 17:29
ok with a bit of a rework
Lords
Great Bray-Shaman [264]
level 4 (lord of death), Stone of Spite, Additional Hand Weapon,

Heros
Wargor [146]
Battle Standard Bearer, Heavy Armour, Standard of Discipline, Shield, Gnarled hide Gift.

Bray-Shaman [102]
Level 1 (lore of Beasts), Dispel Scroll, Additional hand weapon

Core
29 Gor [257]

29 Gor [257]

8 Ungor Raiders [48]

Tuskor Chariot [80]

Tuskor Chariot [80]

5 Chaos Warhounds [30]

Special
Razorgor [55]

Razorgor [55]

29 Bestigor [388]
Full Command, Banner of Eternal Flame

4 Minotaurs [236]
Additional hand Weapons

The only change i was thinking was making the Minotaurs into Spawn. The Great bray and bsb will go into gor units and the lvl1 will end up in the bestigor I think again help is needed.

commanddarksun
26-10-2012, 17:31
ok with a bit of a rework
Lords
Great Bray-Shaman [264]
level 4 (lord of death), Stone of Spite, Additional Hand Weapon,

Heros
Wargor [146]
Battle Standard Bearer, Heavy Armour, Standard of Discipline, Shield, Gnarled hide Gift.

Bray-Shaman [102]

Core
29 Gor [257]

29 Gor [257]

8 Ungor Raiders [48]

Tuskor Chariot [80]

Tuskor Chariot [80]

5 Chaos Warhounds [30]

Special
Razorgor [55]

Razorgor [55]

29 Bestigor [388]
Full Command, Banner of Eternal Flame

4 Minotaurs [236]
Additional hand Weapons

The only change i was thinking was making the Minotaurs into Spawn. The Great bray and bsb will go into gor units and the lvl1 will end up in the bestigor I think again help is needed.

Grim Tuesday
26-10-2012, 18:38
Ideally you want both your BSB and GBS in the same unit, so your whole army can benefit from Ld 9. Alternatively, you could put the GBS in the unit of Bestigor and give them the standard of discipline. This would free up your BSB to take a different magic banner - the Beast banner is very good on a large unit of Gor, for example.

If you were going to do this, I would consolidate the gor into a unit of about 50 and possibly give the GBS fencers blades and Jagged dagger instead of his current equipment.

You could trade out the minotaur for 2x spawn and then bump the razorgor units up to 2 each.

commanddarksun
27-10-2012, 17:29
Lords
Great Bray-Shaman [280]
level 4 (lord of death), Fencers Blades, Jagged Dagger

Heros
Wargor [141]
Battle Standard Bearer, Heavy Armour, Banner of Eternal Flame, Shield, Gnarled hide Gift.

Bray-Shaman [102]

Wargor [114]
Blackened Plate,Iconoclast Icon, Great weapon

Core
29 Gor [257]

29 Gor [257]

7 Ungor Raiders [45]
Musician

Tuskor Chariot [80]