PDA

View Full Version : Next Army Books to be released

misomiso
26-10-2012, 13:22
Hello. I'm sorry to post this in General Discussion but there seem to be a lot of rules about posting the rumour section and I don't want to upset the moderators!

My question is this: does anyone have any idea what the release schedule is for the next few army books? I've done a bit of research but have got a lot of contradicting information. So for example apparently Wood Elves and Bretonnia have had their army books finished, but are not going to be released. Or armies are getting new models but no rules update. Its very confusing.

What the internet has told me is that the order is something like this:
Warriors of Chaos
Daemons of Chaos
High Elves (feb)
Lizardmen (may??)
Dark Elves (by summer / fall 2013)

But this could be completely wrong. It seems strange that they are not doing the 6th edition armies. Especially as there is also a lot of talk about work having been done on dwarves. Maybe their trying to balance out the game by dealing with the 7th edition armies that are very strong before moving onto the 6th?

The more interesting question may be not what WILL they update next, but what SHOULD they update next!!

Any info or clarification would be helpful.
Thanks.

Malorian
26-10-2012, 13:35
To change this from 'will' to 'should':

1. WoC: Need to be changed to fix the chosenstar

2. Dwarfs: Need to be changed to fix their stacking magic defense

3. It then comes down to wood elves or brets. Both are still viable semi-competitive books, but I see brets doing better by more players than wood elves, so I would put wood elves first and then fix brets.

Meatballer
26-10-2012, 13:38
warriors and daemons do seem to be the next two on the horizon. your dates on the others seem innacurate though, and I'm pretty sure i head something about dwarfs. Anyway GW is not in the habit of releasing content based on what needs it most. They generally create a release when they feel that they have many swell new ideas to change and improve upon an army. This is why we have not seen wood elves or Brets yet. Nobody over there has drawn any concept art fo rthe SICKNASTYAWESOME new brettonian giant rare model, etc.

Oogie boogie boss
26-10-2012, 13:39
The most probable next release is WoC, maybe around Dec/Jan from what i've heard. Again, the rumours suggest Dwarves would follow this around March/April. After that.....?

misomiso
26-10-2012, 15:15
Ok so you think the schedule may be
Warriors of Chaos
Daemons of Chaos
Dwarves
High Elves

Then lizardmen / Dark Elves later on?

Are WoC released tomorrow? Theres a thing on the GW site but it only seems to be talking about models.

Grimdesign
26-10-2012, 15:41
Ok so you think the schedule may be
Warriors of Chaos
Daemons of Chaos
Dwarves
High Elves

Then lizardmen / Dark Elves later on?

Are WoC released tomorrow? Theres a thing on the GW site but it only seems to be talking about models.

My understanding is different:
WOC
DOC
lizard/HE

Although I would like to see Dwarfs/Brets/WE in the immediate horizon, the rumors seemed to indicate otherwise.

Duke_of_Krondor
26-10-2012, 23:39
My understanding (from this site) is that DoC are coming in January time, WoC are coming in March time and High Elves are Q2-> later

After that Lizardmen followed by (in no particular order) Dark Elves, Dwarves, Brets.

This thread (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?355904-StickMonkey-s-updated-forecast-DA-Daemons-Tau-Flyers) seems to lay stuff out in a logical order (DoC receiving the mini update before WoC would indicate the books would be this way round).

Once you get into 6 months plus you're probably going to find it difficult to confirm anything.

Should? I'm not bothered. Love my WEs but would probably give them more love if a new book came out. I don't think any book is unplayable with some time/thought applied though it would be nice if the 'power books got toned down. I think that'd balance the game better than upping the 'lower tier' (I hate that phrase) books. Ultimately I'd rather designers produced books that they have good (tm) ideas for and some passion for, whilst maintaining professionalism in producing balanced material to benefit the game as a whole. So far 8th seems to have done that

DaemonReign
27-10-2012, 00:01
Yeah these are the times of chaos. WoC and DoC next, doesn't matter who goes first let's just hope they are done justice.

Beyond that we only seem to have good guesses.

As for the SHOULD..
Well that's been the same short list for a good long while now: WE, Dwarves, Brets.
Not for the sake of fixing anything in particular, it's just unfair they haven't gotten updated in such a long time..