PDA

View Full Version : Master Of Deception, use/implications

Hiskrtapps
26-10-2012, 16:40
Ahriman and Huron has this trait

D3 units gains infiltrate

So:
1) I take Huron in my Army
2) at least 1 unit gains. I choose Huron.
3) During deploy I join Huron to a 4 terminator unit. All unit (huron + terminator) can now infiltrate
4) terminator has a land raider as dedicated transport, rules says they can infiltrate in it
5) unit with infiltrate also has outflank, so can huron and 4 terminator outfland in a land raider?

I think I can do all it, my doubt is that land raider is a dedicated transport for termies and not for huron so I'm not sure I can infiltrate/outflank with it.

What do you think?

G.

Narf
26-10-2012, 16:55
go for it i do the same with a wolf priest, wolf guard and LR

gets expensive though

The_Klobb_Maniac
26-10-2012, 18:27
I believe that is all correct; but this seems like a mix between a rules and a tactics question. I'd rather just infil something good while having the LR crash into enemy lines (or avoid the tactic in the first place as putting LRs next to meltas is dangerous)

Hiskrtapps
26-10-2012, 19:42
I believe that is all correct; but this seems like a mix between a rules and a tactics question. I'd rather just infil something good while having the LR crash into enemy lines (or avoid the tactic in the first place as putting LRs next to meltas is dangerous)

My question was only about rules but I can answer you about tactics.
You roll the D3 dice before deploying and it's at that moment that you decide what to infiltrate.

So, if you want to play with infiltration you have to prepare a list able to use this feature.
In some match outflanking witha LR could be good, in other you would prefer infiltrating someone else; you can choose and it depends by the field, the enemy, your list, the numebr of units you can infiltrate...

I prefer have a list in wich I can make decisions.. that's my idea!