PDA

View Full Version : Bitsandkits.co.uk

The Unnamed
27-10-2012, 18:41
Anybody have any idea how to contact them? 43 days since my order was listed as dispatched and it has yet to arrive. 5 emails sent, 2 via their Contact form on the site and 3 directly to their email but 0 replies.:wtf: Is this how people run businesses these days?

Arkley
28-10-2012, 01:27
If you paid via paypal make a claim

The Unnamed
28-10-2012, 03:01
I did pay via Paypal, but the account belongs to a friend and it's pass the window for raising a dispute already.

Inquisitor Engel
29-10-2012, 04:51
I did pay via Paypal, but the account belongs to a friend and it's pass the window for raising a dispute already.

You have 45 days for orders IIRC, however using your friends account was a mistake in this case.

The Unnamed
29-10-2012, 05:31
The transaction was done on the 12th. The order was listed as dispatched on the 15th. Yea, using a friend's Paypal was a mistake, but what's done has already been done. Now I just need to get in contact with them.

blackcherry
29-10-2012, 08:13
If there are no contact details apart from a few email addresses and they havent replied, send them another bunch and wait a week. If nothing, then I'm sorry man. You got duped.

How did you find them? Through somebodies recommendation? I only tend to use places that have a good rep.

Charax
29-10-2012, 08:18
That's odd, bitsandkits are normally fantastic, although admittedly I've never actually needed to contact them about an order. It's definitely not a scam

The Unnamed
29-10-2012, 08:31
I don't quite remember how I found them but this is my 3rd order with them. They do have an ad up here on Warseer, if that counts for anything and judging by people's opinions about them for Google, they aren't a scam but are bloody hard to get a hold of, though when you finally do, it's been said that they are very nice people.

BigbyWolf
29-10-2012, 15:50
I might be wrong, but isn't someone who posts on WarSeer involved with them? I'm pretty sure I've seen someone kicking around with a "Bits&kits" avatar.

Kenzaburo
29-10-2012, 18:48
Bigby is right, there is someone with that avatar. tried to find the guy, but mistook him for crandall, who has the bitzbox avatar.:) there's also modelbits matt, who is affiliated with modelbits. still, no luck on the guy from bitsandkits. will keep an eye out though. :)

BigbyWolf
29-10-2012, 19:20
Looking back at a bit of history, the account may have been banned, but he is active over on Heresy Online:

http://heresy-online.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1300256&postcount=19

Try through there...

Just try not to talk to any strangers...

:shifty:

Hrw-Amen
29-10-2012, 20:18
I've used Bits N Kits loads of times, hardly ever had a problem and once when I did a single e-mail cleared it up. They even reply to e-mails I send just requesting information. I don't have any special e-mail, just used the contact one on the website. In fact I'd go so far as to say that they are my preferred bits seller as they offer a fantastic service with parts normally delivered the day after they are listed as dispatched.

Of course one bad error or mistake is enough to tarnish ones opinion of them though, so if I had an issue that was not sorted out that would be another thing, but so far they have been really really good for me.

The Unnamed
29-10-2012, 22:33
Thanks for the help, everyone.

Seeing how there have been people who have had perfect experiences with them, I'm starting to think that I just happen to be an unlucky sod whose emails get filtered into the Junk folder.

Gonna try PMing him on Heresy Online. Fingers crossed.

The Unnamed
30-10-2012, 10:16
So I've PMed him on Heresy Online, and the issue has been resolved. Hurray! Apparently they had changed their email. Thanks for the help, guys!