PDA

View Full Version : Festus. Worth it?

SimaoSegunda
28-10-2012, 17:37
I've just ordered the new Festus model, mostly because I think it looks awesome. I've been thinking about a Chaos Warriors army for Fantasy, with a Nurgle theme, and this model has pushed me into the decision.

Looking at his rules, he seems pretty decent for his cost. Has anyone used him in an army? How does he work best? I'm planning an MSU style army, with some Dragon Ogres, Trolls, and maybe Ogres too, along with a couple of Warrior units and some Horsemen.

Fluffy? Decent? Useless?

Odin
28-10-2012, 18:09
I've just ordered the new Festus model, mostly because I think it looks awesome. I've been thinking about a Chaos Warriors army for Fantasy, with a Nurgle theme, and this model has pushed me into the decision.

Looking at his rules, he seems pretty decent for his cost. Has anyone used him in an army? How does he work best? I'm planning an MSU style army, with some Dragon Ogres, Trolls, and maybe Ogres too, along with a couple of Warrior units and some Horsemen.

Fluffy? Decent? Useless?

I believe he's generally considered pretty much essential for any nurgle army. Not used him myself, but yes he is good.

Kayosiv
28-10-2012, 18:15
Festus is amazing and is totally worth it. Granting poison and 5+ regeneration to any unit he joins for 45 points is something that every other army in the game wishes they could do.

His weakness is that he's rather fragile, has low initiative and has to challenge. On the plus side though, almost everything hits him on 4's and he comes with 4+ regeneration.

Persuing 1d6 kind of sucks, but offers a big bonus if you can still pull it off with double victory points. He's not without his shortcomings, but can add a lot of resilience and damage to a unit. Just be careful you have a unit champion to accept challenges and you put him in a unit that will actually benefit from the poison and 5+ regeneration. He won't do much of anything in a chosen unit with shields marked with Tzeentch, but he makes marauders amazing.

Evil Hypnotist
29-10-2012, 09:08
Kayosiv has got it pretty much spot on, I have always found him very good and an absolute bargain for only 45 points more than a standard lvl 2 nurgle sorcerer

The Odor
29-10-2012, 11:39
I use him sometimes and HE IS BRILLIANT. Stick him in a large unit of marauders with a tanky exalted (your BsB if nothing else) to absorb challenges and let the rot flow.

Shnerg
29-10-2012, 21:37
In short, yes.

In long, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeees.

popisdead
02-11-2012, 19:46
Yes. He has great synergy and the base spell in Nurgle is good.

the_slosh
02-11-2012, 19:47
and the new model is Ace+++++++++++++++ (++++++++++++++++++)!

ihavetoomuchminis
02-11-2012, 20:50
Festus and Throgg seem to me 2 of the most undercosted special characters in the game. SO yes, worth it.

Zap Branigan!
03-11-2012, 12:20
He is awesome if combined corectly. I think for your MSU you should think about a really strong centre unit for your army. Example being - big block of shield warriors with festus lord and bsb. Then all the units of trolls and monstery people will always be gettin the bonus of leadership and rerolls all game because your centre is so hard to break. Lots of great nurgle models out their now its really tempting to do one myself haha