PDA

View Full Version : New guy starting new WoC army! (Incomplete) 1500 list inside

CaptainBoxman
30-10-2012, 21:35
Hey, just picked up WoC a few weeks ago, just finished painting my first set of Warriors, and am about to crack on with my next 2 boxes! Here's my first 1500 point list, with a few points spare to play with.

HQ: Total 366 points

Exalted Hero, Mark of Nurgle, Chaos Mount, Favour of the Gods, Bronze Armour of Zhrakk, Sword of Might - 186

Chaos Sorcerer, Level 2 Wizard, Mark of Tzeentch, Spell Familiar, Golden Eye of Tzeentch -180

Core: Total 732 points

18 Warriors of Chaos, Shields, Halberds, Mark of Khorne, Full Command - 366

Special: Total 280 points

5 Knights of Chaos, Mark of Nurgle, Full Command - 280

Army points total: 1378

Basically, I want general criticism, and advice on the items my heroes should be carrying, as well as help with where to put the last 122 points

Thanks guys

immortal git
30-10-2012, 23:30
list is solid. 3 units of 5 dogs and another chaos knight and you should be sorted

Rick
31-10-2012, 06:08
I think I would drop the exalted hero, get a Hellcannon, and make the knight unit larger (plus rage banner). This should leave points for 2x5 chaos hounds (or 1x5). Or get those new Juggernaut cavalry (instead of a hell cannon)

Bigman
31-10-2012, 12:39
Hey, just picked up WoC a few weeks ago, just finished painting my first set of Warriors, and am about to crack on with my next 2 boxes! Here's my first 1500 point list, with a few points spare to play with.

HQ: Total 366 points

Exalted Hero, Mark of Nurgle, Chaos Mount, Favour of the Gods, Bronze Armour of Zhrakk, Sword of Might - 186

Chaos Sorcerer, Level 2 Wizard, Mark of Tzeentch, Spell Familiar, Golden Eye of Tzeentch -180

Core: Total 732 points

Special: Total 280 points

5 Knights of Chaos, Mark of Nurgle, Full Command - 280

Army points total: 1378

Basically, I want general criticism, and advice on the items my heroes should be carrying, as well as help with where to put the last 122 points

Thanks guys

You can save yourself 36 points by getting rid of the shields on the warriors. They can't use them in combat anyway as they have halberds. Anything shooting at them will either bounce off T4 or negate the shield.

You could then invest in a warshrine...another new model...although 3 skull crushers and a unit of dogs would also work.

If you don't want that, run two units of 5 marauder horsemen with slannesh. 150 total and can be very annoying.

CaptainBoxman
31-10-2012, 18:57
I've dumped the shields, and I've added 10 (2x5) hounds, and am considering adding a couple more knights with what's left over (ironically, leaves me exactly enough to give one group of warriors shields), which gives me 7 Knights instead of 5, and the exalted hero will go with them, but this doesn't seem like a great way to run them.

4 Knights and the exalted hero in the front rank and 3 in the second or 5 knights and the hero in the front rank and 2 in the second? Or is this just a bit naff?

judaism
31-10-2012, 20:04
If you have some spare points, any reason not to take him as a BSB?

CaptainBoxman
31-10-2012, 20:17
I'll post the list again...

HQ: Total points - 366

Exalted Hero, MoN, Chaos Mount, Favour of the Gods, Bronze Armour of Zhrakk, Sword of Might - 186

Chaos Sorcerer, Level 2 Wizard, MoT, Spell Familiar, Golden Eye of Tzeentch - 180

Core: Total 756 points

18 Warriors of Chaos, Halberds, Mark of Khorne, Full Command - 348

18 Warriors of Chaos, Halberds, Mark of Khorne, Full Command - 348

5 Warhounds - 30

5 Warhounds - 30

Special: Total 360 points

7 Knights of Chaos, MoN, Full Command - 360

Army points total: 1482

This only leaves me with 18 points. I'd have to change the loadouts on my heroes to have the exalted as a BSB. I was considering putting the sorcerer on a mount, which would save me having to buy a model, and I could use some of the spares from the Knight sprue.

Kayosiv
31-10-2012, 20:30
Lose the sword of might on the hero and just get him a halberd. Saves 16 points, giving you enough to make him the BSB.

Get some magic banners. Standard of Discipline is a definite want in the unit your chaos sorcerer is going.

CaptainBoxman
31-10-2012, 20:41
Does the armour of Zhrakk interfere with the Exalted being BSB? The rule for the armour stops him confering his leadership on others.

judaism
31-10-2012, 20:47
Don't think so, as you are only providing re-rolls on failed LD tests

CaptainBoxman
31-10-2012, 20:50
Awesome, just double checking, as I'm still a bit of a newbie at this. Thanks for the help guys! Still would like some advice on how to form up my Knights if I'm running 7 + mounted Exalted hero

zielonkak
01-11-2012, 15:55
the knights could even be lined up all in one line...even in low point games, you may still see horde formed units as many as 50 or so...so running them all in one line isnt so bad, but they can be a tad harder to manuver so just be carfull with that...other then that list is solid...most woc armies will tear up opponets in low point games...there tough

Juicy21
01-11-2012, 16:26
i like the list.. those knights keep them 7 wide they will do fine!.. that means vs horde you can grind in some nice attack do do some damage..
You might wanna use some marauders when your expending to like 2k play. it feels nice to have a unit of 40 of them on the table killing stuff and taking hits;)

CaptainBoxman
03-11-2012, 17:16
It'll be 7 knights + 1 mounted hero, so is 8 wide really an option?

mooseman009
03-11-2012, 17:55
As a old chaos warrior play I must say the more marauders the better

Bigman
05-11-2012, 22:32
I think that is a hard army. Very tough. At 1500 points you won't face too many armies with both hordes and elite hard hitters. More likely either / or.

If its hordes, war hounds to redirect then combo charge. Both warrior units or one plus knights will take out a horse over two turns.

If elite units - eg high elves - then you are in your element.

I think it will work well.