PDA

View Full Version : Something Golden and a bit different.

ironsons
02-11-2012, 12:28
Hello all, this is my first blog on the site and it is something a bit different but definately Golden.

I intend to add pictures later on but for now I'll leave a little bit of fluff for you to ponder about what army it is. Bear in mind this fluff is not meant to be groundbreaking :D

Sergeant Erasmus Kolm of the Cadian 417th Armoured Group rubbed sleep from his eyes sluggishly as he sat in the rear of his squads chimera transport as it trundled towards their destination. Kolm had been directed that he had to go check out a crash site of an unidentified object that had entered Gamma-Phi 27's atmosphere after the sentinal team that were sent to investigate had failed to check in. A plume of smoke heralded the destination yet it was still a couple of klicks from Kolm's position. Kolm wondered why he had been called to this backwater planet to quell an uprising that had already been quashed weeks before their arrival. They had been stationed in a make shift camp for a matter of months for no apparent reason but alas he was following orders. It was his squad's turn to act as scouts in tandem with with the Sentinal squaderon nicknamed the 'Emperor's Fury.' There had been no engagements of note apart from skirmishes with the local rebels who inhabited the heavily wooded planet in which they were located. A warp storm had cut off the rest of the Battle fleet and as such the 417th were largely without any support apart from the local PDF. That changed this morning though when this object entered the atmosphere and took out a low flying satellite that enabled the Armoured Group to search the landscape. As such the group were largely blind without any other support. So it fell to Kolm and his squad to search for the sentinal squadron.

The chimera came to a sharp and sudden halt in the middle of the dirt track it had been traversing. 'Why the frack have we stopped?' Kolm snarled into the comm bead attached to his helmet. 'Sarge you may want to look at this.' Came the reply from the driver. Grumbling to himself, Kolm retreived his magnocoulours and opened the heavy tank hatch. He peered out and something golden caught his eye about a mile ahead of his position. He focused the sights and gasped at the sight before him. A rank of golden warriors stood before him with long halberds with gleaming blades and helmets with bright red plumes. The warriors stood there to attention not moving an inch. 'Find targets' Kolm voxed to the driver and within seconds there was affirmatives from the squad as the chimera's multilaser thrummed into action and the hull heavy flamer's ignited. Suddenly the ground began to tremble in heavy short intervals. A figure emerged from behind the ranks of the tall broad warriors and Kolm could not believe his eyes. A bipedal golden throne shuddered forward smoke billowing from a generator on its back. The golden warriors parted to allow the apparent leader through before reclosing ranks behind it.

'No it can't be...' Kolm gasped. The figure sitting on the throne raised a gloved hand and the warriors behind lowered their halberds. That was when all hell broke loose.

Pictures shall be added later.

Any guesses for what they are?

vaughany86
02-11-2012, 15:26
Nice fluff, I'm gonna have to go with Orks, my first impressions were leading me towards 'Crons, but now believe Orks after reading your fluff

RunepriestRidcully
02-11-2012, 16:24
Dark eldar possibly?

ironsons
02-11-2012, 16:49
Nice fluff, I'm gonna have to go with Orks, my first impressions were leading me towards 'Crons, but now believe Orks after reading your fluff

Got it in one.

A Custodes inspired Waaagh.

vaughany86
02-11-2012, 21:22
Ah hah, thought so, you gonna bulid the "Golden Throne" using the inquisitor karamazov model? How you planning on doing the armour on the boyz?

ironsons
03-11-2012, 22:19
Ah hah, thought so, you gonna bulid the "Golden Throne" using the inquisitor karamazov model? How you planning on doing the armour on the boyz?

Again you have got it one. I have used the Karamazov model and managed to put an ork in there as well as orkyfying it. As these are meant to be the elite of elite, my orks are also going to echo this with them being nobs. The models I have used are the Black Ork plastic models as they are easy to replicate and cheaper. For the termy custodes I am using the current nob models but heavily converted with generators on their backs. These will be used as meganobs. There will also be jetbikes and pre heresy transports. The basic fluff is that the warboss and his followers had seen the Emporer and his sons fight during the crusades but were routed and fled into the warp. A couple of weeks of warp travel later the weirdboys deposited them out and into the 41st millenium. I am currently trying to figure out how on earth they nicked a throne.

vaughany86
06-11-2012, 21:24
Maybe they fell upon a planet of the Ecclesiarchy, ransacked it and looted the relic machine? What are you using for the jetbikes? Have you gotten hold of some of the old RT imperial jetbikes? Sounds like some good looking plans you've got, when are we gonna see some pictures?

ironsons
09-11-2012, 14:28
Sorry for the delay few things popped up!

Right here's a couple of pictures to wet your appetite.

Firstly is the prototype for the basic Custodes (nob). It is WIP at the moment and hasn't been painted in about a year :D. He also doesn't have his top knot as I forgot to put it on him :p

Front:

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o668/ironsons/20121109_145359.jpg

Back:

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o668/ironsons/20121109_145334.jpg

And here s the second in command, who is just a normal warboss with power klaw and 'eavy armour, also without a top knot as it has fallen off:

Front:

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o668/ironsons/20121109_145424.jpg

Back:

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o668/ironsons/20121109_145432.jpg

For my mega nobs I am tempted to do them as primarchs with appropriate armour and weapons, but that is a long way off yet. The jetbikes are going to be basic bikes with the rear wheels replaced with jet engines and the front wheel replaced with a dakka gun/Skorcha/whirling blade, as in the case for the pain boy. I wish I had some of the old jetbikes though! I like your idea about nicking the chair as it's already been modelled with bullet holes and blast marks. I had intended the warboss that leads the army (Da Empora) to have killed the previous occupant of the chair in combat and then the chair to have fallen on him and him being mechanical. But I scrapped this idea as I am not very good at sculpting torso's and crafting bionics. He does however feature a badly scarred neck and mouthpiece. I'll try and update the rest of the force by next week.

vaughany86
09-11-2012, 21:05
Brilliant start mate, looking forward to seeing how this pans out, be interested to see how the bikes look when you've done them, the old jetbikes do pop up on ebay pretty regular, maybe you could get a few for the "veterans" to ride?

ironsons
10-11-2012, 14:00
Brilliant start mate, looking forward to seeing how this pans out, be interested to see how the bikes look when you've done them, the old jetbikes do pop up on ebay pretty regular, maybe you could get a few for the "veterans" to ride?

Cheers mate, I appreciate it. I'll keep an eye on eBay for the bikes as I may have a couple of bodies to maybe chuck on them. I may use the current lot as place holders until I convert the others up. I may have the bikers lying down to help with the sleek look and will alter the bikes around them, am not too sure to have them armoured or not though as I don't want to pay the extra points for an upgrade I already have.

vaughany86
10-11-2012, 15:43
You might struggle if you have them lying down with getting them to look right if you're using Imperial bikes cos of the shape of them, I'd probably have some armour modelled on personally myself

ironsons
16-11-2012, 13:57
You might struggle if you have them lying down with getting them to look right if you're using Imperial bikes cos of the shape of them, I'd probably have some armour modelled on personally myself

Yeah I think I'll use the normal bikes and then convert the Black Ork models to be lying down somehow.

ironsons
14-12-2012, 21:03
Long time no update.

Right here goes, not much on the painting front due to a lack of time and a busted up knuckle. Fancied doing some grots in the army but have hit a brick wall on the dea front. I was thinking of modelling up some Thunda Warriors however I don't believe the Thunder Warriors left Terra so I am sort of struggling. Also does anyone know which primarchs fought Orks during the Heresy? I have got the rough idea of a Horus esque meganob but am struggling with the others. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

vaughany86
14-12-2012, 21:53
Thunder Warriors didn't leave Terra, and the Emperor led a massive force against the Orks at the Ullanor crusade with the Luna Wolves, White Scars and Ultramarines, there may of been some others that I can't remember at the moment

ironsons
15-12-2012, 08:21
Thunder Warriors didn't leave Terra, and the Emperor led a massive force against the Orks at the Ullanor crusade with the Luna Wolves, White Scars and Ultramarines, there may of been some others that I can't remember at the moment

Cheers for the info mate, I think I'll do the grots as standard imperial army men then. A White Scar meganob may be an interesting one! Possible mono-wheel and a big heavy lance with Scar's livery and a mini shield. Gulliman will be an interesting one to convey ork wise, I'm sure it's doable. I've ordered the necessary bits for a prototype 'IA Trooper' which if all goes well will be a sargeant for the grots. The slaver I'm stuck on ideas about, maybe a commissar if they were in existence back in the day. Mind you that being said my leader will be in a golden throne after a kommado overhearing in the current day that the Emporer is in a Golden Throne and my Warboss getting the wrong idea.

I have some pictures to follow at some point today.

ironsons
25-01-2013, 14:00
Long needed update.

Right since my last post I have broken a metacarpal and fractured a knuckle in a freak accident and as a result haven't had much opportunity to update my models. I have started on my Imperial Troopa's (grotz). I've started off with what will be the Sergeant of the squad, he will be a normal squaddie as I will have a commissar acting as the ork Slaver. Without further ado here are some pictures.

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o668/ironsons/20130125_141001.jpg

Back:

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o668/ironsons/20130125_141006.jpg

I also have a couple more custodes that have had a lick of paint on them. In this picture is a custodes with a Waaagh Banner and a power klaw, a custodes painboy and a custodes champion which is just a nob with 'uge choppa. Bare in mind these are WIP.

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o668/ironsons/20130125_140952.jpg

Also guess who this will be:

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o668/ironsons/20130125_141220.jpg