PDA

View Full Version : LFNA looking for new army

Shazarn
15-05-2006, 06:08
Im a longime fantasy player looking for a new army.
I wasjust wondering for any suggestions.
I've tried undead, daemons and lizards and am looking for a new thing.
Any ideas.
PS. i like the idea of long ranged shooting- sniper sort of thing or a big meaty army(not ogres)!:angel:

Math Mathonwy
15-05-2006, 08:01
Dwarves are shooty and meaty. Plus, they just got a nice update. I really love their new book. I'm bursting with ideas that I'd love to try with them. A strong theme is extremely easy to implement: Slayer armies, Miner battalions, no gunpowder, experimental Engineer expedition, Warrior horde etc etc. An extremely versatile book.

Rikkjourd
15-05-2006, 10:39
/agree

Try dwarves, nice time to start with the new stuff and new starter box and all.

Northern_Watch
16-05-2006, 20:17
I'm still not used to saying this without being sarcastic, but here goes:

How about wood elves? They'll give you all the scouty, shooty, skirmishy goodness to drive your opponents nuts, and they seem an appropriately radical change from lizards, vampires and demons (your prior armies). In addition, your previous armies will give you experience at using some of the special rules of the WElvises.

I got sold on this army recently, once I took a good gander at the models. Gorgeous sculpts, and great for modeling.

Cheers, Mike.

squeekenator
17-05-2006, 09:01
Skaven! That's a helluva lotta meaty bodies you can fit on the table, some jezzail and warp-lightning cannon support gives you your sniping, and, as long as you don't turn to the SAD side of the Horde, they're a great army to play! They have the richest fluff of all the armies, you can kill your own guys (so fun!), there are excellent conversion opportunities for a lot of the models (slaves, all clan-specific stuff), did I mention they're great fun to play... Choose Skaven!

EDIT: Oh, and one of the most fun things is that you get to speak funny and call other armies funny names! Kill-kill the dwarf-things, they are a bad-bad army, Skaven are good-good, yes-yes...

Shazarn
18-05-2006, 09:41
great ideas guys, thanks alot, i got alot to think about!

Urien Rakath
22-05-2006, 14:35
Beasts of Chaos allow you to field many Minotaurs, if you like these guys. Not to mention Dragon Ogres.

Wolfden
24-05-2006, 16:17
Orcs and Goblins! Great close combat abilities, decent artillery, and some cool monsters (squigs,trolls,giants,spider riders)!

metro_gnome
24-05-2006, 16:37
go green! meat! we gotz meat!

lord sebastian oldfield
26-05-2006, 06:31
na all of those armys stink (sorry if i have offended).
GO BRETTONIAN!!!!!!!

Wargamejunkie
26-05-2006, 06:53
Go Rats or Dwarves.

I have started both and they are very fun.