PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Warriors of Chaos list- help/suggestions

rayner66
04-11-2012, 13:44
Any help with composition of army or items/marks.

Chaos Lord w distendable maw, rune sword, helm of many eyes, necrotic phylactery, enchanted shield 340

Exalted hero w BsB, book of secrets 160
Sorcerer w lv2, Add spell, slaanesh 140

15 warriors w shields 240
15 warriors w halberds, shields 255
2x5 warhounds 60
44 marauders w flails, MoK 250

15 chosen (halberds, shields) w MoK, champ, favour of the gods 355
5 knights 200

also have 1 sorcerer/lord, 1 exalted/lord, 1 knight, 6 marauders,

The 3 warriors squads are my main fighting force- the marauders and knights take down flanks- BsB in middle to at least catch the marauders. Book of secrets to use shadows- if at least getting basic spell to imrove chances of distendable maw. Should the other sorcerer get shadow as well?
thanks

Kayosiv
05-11-2012, 10:19
I would lose the distendable maw. It is too expensive compared to it's success rate vs things your regular attacks would be capable of dispatching.

You can't take shadow on hero level sorcerers, so no worries there.

I think your chosen are sucking up too many points. Your knights and warriors could all do with some beefing up (6 knights, 18 warrior units) as well as having command, magic banners, and marks. You lack the ability to make your opponent come to you without a hell cannon or a level 4, so they will probably sit back and weaken your units, making it bad to have smaller sized ones.

I would mark the shield warriors Tzeentch and give them the rapuous standard, mark the halberd warriors something (slannesh at the very least)
Get those knights at the bare minimum a musician and even consider taking a second unit.

If you really want to keep your chosen, merge the warrior block into a single one 20 strong and increase the chosen in number as well.

rayner66
05-11-2012, 14:48
Firstly thanks for repling, ok following some of the suggestions here is a new list:

Sorcerer lord w lv4, slaanesh, blood of tzeentch, enchanted shield, obsidian amulet 340

Exalted hero w BsB, book of secrets, collar of khorne, shield 190

25 Warriors w halberds, shields, banner, slaanesh 447
20 warriors w shields, tzeentch, standard, standard of discipline 367
2x5 warhounds 60
44 marauders w flails, MoK, banner, blasted standard 298

6 knights w banner, Lichebone Pennant, Tzeentch 295
____
The sorcerer goes with the shield warriors, the BsB goes with the Halberd Warriors. Is this any better?
I now have stong magic defence for all warriors and knights, and some shooting protection for marauders (as these things respectively are what they are weak against i believe). Maybe would like to fit in a chaos lord though that can kill, but have no hellcannon, and am unlikely to get one either, so i guess i am left with no choice. I also felt that there wasn't very many offensive banners that does anything i actually need, so decided defence was best but would maybe like the army to hit a bit harder. Maybe i do need to buy some more knights but just feel that they are a little too costly in points for what they seem to do.

Any further suggestions?

ElBeaver
05-11-2012, 20:56
I would add the last 6 marauders, run them horde (10 wide), and give them GW instead. You should be able to afford the initial losses from striking last, and they will perform much better in a grind - marauders with flail who cannot break their enemy the first round of combat is ********d.

Enchanted shield is 15 pts for WoC (but works as in the BRB) - I would dump this and the obsidian amulet and get the lodestone instead for MR(3) - giving the shield warrs. 3+ WS against spells.

As WoC characters must issue/accept a challenge, they should be protected accordingly. You can always claim the old saying: the best defense is a good offense - but you have neither.

Bigman
05-11-2012, 22:26
Are you sold on slannesh for themed reasons? Reason being that it's not always great interns of spells.

Otherwise, shields on halberds/ rage warriors are useless, save yourself some points.

If you don't need slannesh I would have nurgle halberds with rage banner

And a tzeentch / heavens Sorcerer lord for ranged attacks.

It's something the list lacks a little.

Kayosiv
05-11-2012, 22:52
Looking much more solid.

Marauders cannot take a magic banner, so be aware of that.

Knights are amazing.

ElBeaver
05-11-2012, 22:54
Are you sold on slannesh for themed reasons? Reason being that it's not always great interns of spells.

Otherwise, shields on halberds/ rage warriors are useless, save yourself some points.

If you don't need slannesh I would have nurgle halberds with rage banner

And a tzeentch / heavens Sorcerer lord for ranged attacks.

It's something the list lacks a little.

Why would shields be useless on halberd/ rage warriors?

Bigman
05-11-2012, 23:17
Why would shields be useless on halberd/ rage warriors?

1. In combat they cannot use them as they have halberds (2 handed).
2. Even with hand weapons, when you're frenzied you don't get parry saves.

You do still get the +1 as, but only from shooting, and in combat you will smash alot of faces in anyway.

In the overall game, you could get a magic banner that's more effective.

ElBeaver
06-11-2012, 07:38
I know. It is well worth getting the increased AS for a 6% pts increase.

Mortechai
07-11-2012, 09:24
Well worth it to put your lord on at least a steed,or a jugg.

ElBeaver
07-11-2012, 09:45
Not if in an infantry unit. Sorc on a disc and 3+ WS is nasty though.