PDA

View Full Version : Naughty pictures, words and a 2500pt Empire list.

RanaldLoec
06-11-2012, 00:59
+++I lied+++

Shame on you looking for naughty pictures.....

As your punishment critique my army list.

+++ tourney empire (2498pts) +++
+++ 2500pt Empire 8th Ed AB and 8th Ed BRB Roster (Standard)) +++

Selections:

First draft list for a foot based Empire army departing from my usual knight heavy core lists.

Weaknesses

Big blocks of low toughness troops, susceptible to template, artillery and unit wide spells.

A single wizard no dispel scroll weak magical defense, access to a single lore (undevi

Static list little movement.

Nothing to tackle high armour saves, high strength multi wound units in cc.

No stankpit

Character dependant for stubborn and hold the line, risky low ward on general

Strengths

Large stubborn units all deployed together with general and Bsb's range.

A lot of firepower for taking down big units regardless of save or toughness.

Plays to the empires traditional strengths.

Numerically strong

Plays the same regardless of opponent or army, simple tactic shoot, blast, zzap the big hard stuff, blow up the minions. Kill or hold what survives for the win when it reaches the battle line.

Strengths

Empire 8th Ed AB and 8th Ed BRB (Standard) Selections:

+ Lords + (476pts)

* Battle Wizard Lord (285pts)
Lore of Light, Wizard Level 4 (35pts)
* Magic Items (85pts)
AB - Van Horstmann's Speculum (40pts), BRB - Sword of Striking (15pts), BRB - Talisman of Endurance (30pts)

* General of the Empire (191pts)
(Hold the Line! (AB-32))
Great Weapon (6pts), Light Armour
* Magic Items (90pts)
AB - Armour of Meteoric Iron (50pts), BRB - Crown of Command (35pts), BRB - Luckstone (5pts)

+ Heroes + (273pts)

* Captain of the Empire (143pts)
(Hold the Line! (AB-32))
Battle Standard Bearer (25pts), Full Plate Armour (6pts), Shield (2pts)
* Magic Items (50pts)
BRB - Enchanted Shield (5pts), BRB - Talisman of Preservation (45pts)

* Master Engineer (65pts)
('Stand Back, Sir!' (AB-35), Master of Ballistics (AB-35))

* Master Engineer (65pts)
('Stand Back, Sir!' (AB-35), Master of Ballistics (AB-35))

+ Core + (654pts)

* Halberdiers (330pts)
(Regimental Unit (AB-30))
Champion (10pts), 50x Halberdiers (300pts), Musician (10pts), Standard Bearer (10pts)

* Spearmen (324pts)
(Regimental Unit (AB-30))
Champion (10pts), Musician (10pts), Standard Bearer (10pts)
* 49x Spearmen (294pts)
49x Shield (49pts)

+ Special + (605pts)

* Great Cannon (120pts)

* Greatswords (485pts)
(Regimental Unit (AB-30), Stubborn (BRB-76))
Champion (10pts), 40x Greatswords (440pts), Musician (10pts)
* Standard Bearer (25pts)
BRB - Standard of Discipline (15pts)

+ Rare + (490pts)

* Celestial Hurricanum (130pts)
(Large Target (BRB-72), Locus of Azyr (AB-53), Portents of Battle (AB-53), Storm of Shemtek (AB-53), Swiftstride (BRB-76))

* Helblaster Volley Gun (120pts)

* Helblaster Volley Gun (120pts)

* Luminark of Hysh (120pts)
(Aura of Protection (AB-52), Large Target (BRB-72), Locus of Hysh (AB-52), Solheims Bolt of Illumination (AB-52), Swiftstride (BRB-76))

What I may change.

Drop an engineer or wizard cart for a lvl2 wizard or warrior priest.

Possible drop a helblaster and wizard cart for a stank.

Lore beasts for strength toughness bonus

Lore of light for speed, reroll, ld

Shadow for hexs and mind razor

Death for culling hard characters like vamps, ogre tyrants.

Morax
06-11-2012, 14:55
Nothing beats rerolls for effectiveness. Thats why you've got the master engineers, that's why you would include warrior priests. I'd suggest taking an Archlector instead of a general and kit him roughly the same but without the crown. Stick him in the greatswordsmen and they will be much more effective than without him. A dawn stone instead of the luckstone and crown would be a suitable replacement and save you a bit of points. A warrior priest for the halberdiers would be nice but I'd likely stay away from that to save points.

The stank might be nice for the back up cannon it brings but really that's up to you. I'd like to see some redirectors in the list in the form of 5 man archer detachments but that is just me. All in all I'd play test it with just the one change I mentioned above. It should show you where you need a bit more help or the tweeks to make. The first I'd look for is the inclusion of a level 2 with scroll. The level 2 should insure the level 4 gets the spells you want him to have and the scroll almost never gets wasted in protecting such big units.

shaunking
06-11-2012, 15:09
Spearman aren't the most effective. Swords or halbards are best choice. Your captain doesn't need ordinary shield

Bigman
06-11-2012, 17:15
Spearman aren't the most effective. Swords or halbards are best choice. Your captain doesn't need ordinary shield

I am curious about the 2 hellblasters and engineers. You have 3 units of 40-50 models with character support. Anything high armour (unless your facing CD/WoC/Dwarfs) won't be fielded in large numbers. I'd add brets but if a knight block charged you halberds, I'd hope they stick and you'd counter.

Just think that two is maybe too much for an all comers list, and if you got rid of one plus engineer that would give 200 ish points to spend on a cheap WP for halberds, and maybe some points for a small swordsmen detachment for GTsW (15) Which are an annoying speed bump.

RanaldLoec
07-11-2012, 21:53
Nothing beats rerolls for effectiveness. Thats why you've got the master engineers, that's why you would include warrior priests. I'd suggest taking an Archlector instead of a general and kit him roughly the same but without the crown. Stick him in the greatswordsmen and they will be much more effective than without him. A dawn stone instead of the luckstone and crown would be a suitable replacement and save you a bit of points. A warrior priest for the halberdiers would be nice but I'd likely stay away from that to save points.

The stank might be nice for the back up cannon it brings but really that's up to you. I'd like to see some redirectors in the list in the form of 5 man archer detachments but that is just me. All in all I'd play test it with just the one change I mentioned above. It should show you where you need a bit more help or the tweeks to make. The first I'd look for is the inclusion of a level 2 with scroll. The level 2 should insure the level 4 gets the spells you want him to have and the scroll almost never gets wasted in protecting such big units.

Pretty much all the things I ran through putting the list together, I opted for the GoE just for a trail period see who he performed as I have a horrible habit of rolling high on break tests and I've not had chance to try out hold the line yet.

I did consider a warrior priest by dropping the shields on the spearmen and dropping an engineer for a lvl1 scroll caddie for life or beast signature spells by dropping a rank on both state troop regiments.

The two hellblasters aren't for over kill their to maul, maim and murder my opponents key units, there's allot of gutstars, abombs, and Bloodletter hordes knocking about these parts and 2 Volly guns kill all of these things quite nicely.

Plus it makes up for the lack of other ranged attacks, RanaldLoec looks forlornly at his handgunners and xbowmen.

The spearmen are about bodies at 5 wide that unit will be steadfast for a good few turns even after a few casualties. It's simply maths I can't buy more swordsman as I can spearmen. Plus the luminark gives me a 6+ ward so no need for the parry save.

I'll play test and get back to you with results, I'm planning to drop a few troops and try to squeeze in a lvl1 plus scroll or a priest.