PDA

View Full Version : Alternative chaos marks

Silent Surrender
06-11-2012, 09:59
What do u people think of these effects for marks:

Mark of Nurgle: + 1 tougness, -1 ballistic skill, -1 initiative, feel no pain, slow and purposeful

Mark of Tzeentch: 5 + ward save, -1 weapon skill, sniper, may upgrade champions to sorcerers, in which case the sniper rule is lost and ward save is increased to 4+

Mark of Khorne: +1 strength, counter attack, fearless, crusader

Mark of Slaanesh: +1 attack, +1 weapon skill, +1 ballistic skill, +1 initiative.

Private_SeeD
06-11-2012, 10:02
What do u people think of these effects for marks:

Mark of Nurgle: + 1 tougness, -1 ballistic skill, -1 initiative, feel no pain, slow and purposeful

Mark of Tzeentch: 5 + ward save, -1 weapon skill, sniper, may upgrade champions to sorcerers, in which case the sniper rule is lost and ward save is increased to 4+

Mark of Khorne: +1 strength, counter attack, fearless, crusader

Mark of Slaanesh: +1 attack, +1 weapon skill, +1 ballistic skill, +1 initiative.

Just a quick question why would the MoT give them sniper?

Silent Surrender
06-11-2012, 10:20
In burning of prospero the thousand sons are described to be able to use their psychic affinity to target unarmoured parts.

I realise that my Khorne and Slaanehs marks dont have any weaknesses. As I wrote I thought maybe their vulnerability, as they dont get any protective features from their makrs, would be enough, im not sure.

shakedown47
06-11-2012, 16:01
Overly complicated. Good for Cityfight or 500 pt games, maybe.

Silent Surrender
06-11-2012, 17:11
How is it over complicated?

Wyrmwood
06-11-2012, 17:25
The Mark of Khorne is fine, in my opinion, as Rage and Counter-Attack. I wouldn't object to the Mark of Tzeentch providing an additional Mastery Level on top of the 6++/+1 feature, instead of the ability to re-roll ones. The Mark of Slaanesh is fine as it is and so is the Mark of Nurgle; true toughness five is pretty powerful. Aside from the Mark of Tzeentch, I would quite like to see each Mark grant Hatred: x (where "x" is the opposite god: Mark of Slaanesh confers extra Initiative and Hatred: Mark of Khorne - yes, anything with the Mark of Khorne).

Silent Surrender
06-11-2012, 18:15
My attempt was also to make nurgle marked spawn, oblits etz more in line with the other marks. Also I think my marks would diversify the playstyle of chaos. Right now nurgle obliterators have no drawback, with the rules i presented you would have to think abit, also the other mark would be more viable.

Tzeentch havocs would be viable, slaanesh mutilators could be good, khorne termies or spawm aswell.

Note: About the Tzeentch mark, units with the mark of Tzeenth thats not led by a sorcerer is supposed to represent non rubric marines.

Wyrmwood
06-11-2012, 18:21
My attempt was also to make nurgle marked spawn, oblits etz more in line with the other marks. Also I think my marks would diversify the playstyle of chaos. Right now nurgl eobliterators have no drawback, with the rules i presented you woul dhave to think abit, also the other mark would be more viable.
Obliterators would then have Toughness six and Feel No Pain, minus one Ballistic Skill wouldn't really go a long way in negating that; two Wounds, which could be re-rolled, and immunity to instant death by conventional means. I can see the thinking behind it, but one less point of Initiative wouldn't actually make any difference; they have Power Fists. Slow and Purposeful would actually make them better, considering they're generally not going to move around much, but when they did they could then fire their heavy weapons.

Silent Surrender
06-11-2012, 19:19
Where do you get toughness 6 from? Also obliterators already have slow and purposeful. And -1 bs can make a huge difference on oblits. Also slow and purposeful will nerf nurgle spawn which might be the ones youre thinking of, theyre toughness 6

Wyrmwood
06-11-2012, 19:36
Indeed, I forgot that Obliterators no longer have Toughness five as standard. :p

Ssilmath
06-11-2012, 21:15
And how many points per model were you thinking? Those increases are easily worth 10-15 points per model, depending on the mark, and would be worth even more for Elites and HQ's. Are you willing to pay 30 points per model for basic Chaos Marines, 15 points per Cultist?

Silent Surrender
06-11-2012, 21:35
The khorne and slaanehs might need some downsides to them, but tzeentch and nurgle ones have downsides which the current marks in the official book dont.