PDA

View Full Version : Empire 2000pts

ivrg
07-11-2012, 16:06
I have played a few games now with empire.
Trying to learn and i have come up with this list, what do you think?
AL and BSB goes with halberds. Warrior priest goes with the swordsmen to boost them a little with hate and some blessing.
The mage is there to cast lore of beast signature.
Enginer goes with the hellblaster.

Arch lector
Armor of destiny. crown of command, shield.

Warrior priest
Shield, heavy armor.

Wizard (Beasts)
lvl 2, dispel scroll.

BSB
Full plate armor, enchanted shield. Opel amulet.

Engineer
Light armor.

Core:

40 Halberds
FCG

30 Swordsmen
FCG
Det: 10 archers
Det: 5 Archers

Special:

Cannon

3 Demigryph Knights
mus.

5 Inner circle knights
Mus.

Rare:

Steam tank

Hellblaster

mike20
08-11-2012, 01:11
Im not sure about the IC knights, you already have two flankers (DG and ST) points might be better spent on larger infantry 30 swords is fairly small, I would try to go for no less than 40. I would also split the 10 man arhcer unit into 5 and give the swords a 5 man det.

As for the AL, I would go for Talis of Prot (4++) and enchanted shield. This gives you a 3+/4++. With the BSB give him dragonhelm and normal shield, GIving you the same 2+ (but you gain a 6++ parry!) Myabe also change the opal amulet to dawnstone for a rerollable.

If youve read the FAQ, witchhunters have quite the potential. Get a witch hunter with a brace and ruby ring of fire. Your ring gives u a 24" sniping, killing blow (and auto hitting) magic missile, with possible re-roll to wounds. all for 80 points!. Plus, when he gets close, you can add 2 pistol shots with sniper and killing blow. Imagine the foul 500pt vampire being laid low by a little magic missile, ow!. (Just an idea) :)

I would drop the reg priest, and use those points for said witch hunter. Also, drop the champions from all your units, and with the the IC gone, you should have enough points to get a level 4 wizard with a DS and maybe some kind of ward save.

Cheers

ivrg
08-11-2012, 15:00
Im not sure about the IC knights, you already have two flankers (DG and ST) points might be better spent on larger infantry 30 swords is fairly small, I would try to go for no less than 40. I would also split the 10 man arhcer unit into 5 and give the swords a 5 man det.

As for the AL, I would go for Talis of Prot (4++) and enchanted shield. This gives you a 3+/4++. With the BSB give him dragonhelm and normal shield, GIving you the same 2+ (but you gain a 6++ parry!) Myabe also change the opal amulet to dawnstone for a rerollable.

If youve read the FAQ, witchhunters have quite the potential. Get a witch hunter with a brace and ruby ring of fire. Your ring gives u a 24" sniping, killing blow (and auto hitting) magic missile, with possible re-roll to wounds. all for 80 points!. Plus, when he gets close, you can add 2 pistol shots with sniper and killing blow. Imagine the foul 500pt vampire being laid low by a little magic missile, ow!. (Just an idea) :)

I would drop the reg priest, and use those points for said witch hunter. Also, drop the champions from all your units, and with the the IC gone, you should have enough points to get a level 4 wizard with a DS and maybe some kind of ward save.

Cheers

Some good thoughts, but do they rings attack counts as shooting attacks?

Jericho
08-11-2012, 15:08

The FAQ document says you can use his killing blow rule with the Ruby Ring against his nominated target. Weird but true.

Dark Aly
08-11-2012, 15:45
But can you use the sniper?

I too would advocate dropping the IC knights for some more swords (at least 40) and using the left over points to try and make the wizard a master. I'd keep the 10 man archer unit and use them as a bunker for your wizard.

mike also makes good points about the equipment of your characters.

PS- I'd also drop the priest. characters may be cheap in an empire army but too many will eat up points quite quickly and swordsmen don't really need him as it's their job to hold up enemy units not to hurt them and priests help units to hurt the enemy (so halberds is a good place). Try to decide whether a unit is offensive or defensive, offensive units benefit from priests and hurricanums while deffensive units like captains and luminarks. ofcourse you can have units that can do both but it gets costly.

ivrg
08-11-2012, 15:49
just found the line about that.
Thats very very powerfull and imo broken.
I dont know what to think about it, but aginst the evil guys out there.. it is ok to use.

Morax
08-11-2012, 19:14

No, they don't. You get to use Killing blow from the ring, not sniper. Great for waxing mages off on their own, but if he hides them in units it's just a ruby ring.