PDA

View Full Version : ABC Warriors - Hammerstein - 2000 AD

Audiostream
10-11-2012, 08:00
Have you read ABC Warriors, no. Read it.

So i think originally it was a short comic strip in the back of some 2000 AD comics by Pat Mills. But now you can buy graphic novels with all the old comics collated in one place.

Basically bad ass robots who love to kill. One of the best stories is the robots have to kill 6 figures of 'order' (the good guys) for Khaos in the Chronicles of Khaos.

Anyway I found a vinyl kit on ebay of Hammerstein the leader of the party. My brother and I painted him up. If you have watched Judge Dredd (the original with Sylvester Stallone) the war robot is a cameo appearance of Hammerstein.

The model is 1/9th Scale vinyl, standing ~26cm tall.

Wintermute
10-11-2012, 09:14
I think you need to go and do some research about The ABC Warriors ;)

BTW its a model of the ABC War Robot, not Hammerstein. They are visually different.

Was the model you built solid resin, most likely a copy of the original kit, or soft hollow resin?

BTW its very nicely done.

Deamon-forge
11-11-2012, 12:50
nice paint job.

have you got a link to the ebay auction if they have any more ? could do with one of these for my Post apoc stuff.

Audiostream
12-11-2012, 08:34
Wintermute, what do I have to research? True I don't know much about where the original series was published but I own 80% of the reprint graphic novels (missing one I think). I just love reading the stories.

Again, I should have put 'arguably' in front of the '...cameo appearance' (understanding that it does not fit into the continuity of hammerstein's story, just fun to pretend it is hammerstein). Put rover on his crotch and he is a copy and paste from various artists interpretations of hammerstein.

It was a soft hollow vinyl kit. Have a look at the link below, pretty cheap so I'm assuming a copy?

Also, I did steal your profile pic :)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/11-ABC-Warrior-Robot-JUDGE-DREDD-Sci-Fi-Movies-Vinyl-Model-Kit-1-9-/150939482188?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item2324b1b84c

Wintermute
12-11-2012, 18:31
Wintermute, what do I have to research? True I don't know much about where the original series was published but I own 80% of the reprint graphic novels (missing one I think). I just love reading the stories.

Hammerstein originally appeared in a strip called Ro-Busters (which also featured Ro-Jaws and Mek-Quake) in a short lived 2000AD spin-off comic called Star Lord. In one of the stories Hammerstein began to relate his time in the Volgon War for which he was created to fight. Star Lord was merged with 2000AD and more stories with Hammerstein and Ro-Jaws followed including the ABC Warriors. The ABC Warriors also appeared in Nemesis the Warlock.[/quote]

Again, I should have put 'arguably' in front of the '...cameo appearance' (understanding that it does not fit into the continuity of hammerstein's story, just fun to pretend it is hammerstein).

It would also help if the ABC War Robot had a hammer, a helmet plus his other built-in weapons.

Put rover on his crotch and he is a copy and paste from various artists interpretations of hammerstein.
Err no. The ABC War Robot in the film was based on designs by Kev Walker who was employed as a Concept Artist on the project. And yes he is the same Kev Walker who has drawn several ABC Warrior stories for 2000AD including the one you posted on here.

It was a soft hollow vinyl kit. Have a look at the link below, pretty cheap so I'm assuming a copy?

Also, I did steal your profile pic :)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/11-ABC-Warrior-Robot-JUDGE-DREDD-Sci-Fi-Movies-Vinyl-Model-Kit-1-9-/150939482188?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item2324b1b84c

It looks very similar to the vinyl kit I built, but its much cheaper.

Pix of my ABC War Robot can be seen here (http://www.warseer.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=4258&title=abc-warrior-pic&cat=500).

precinctomega
14-11-2012, 10:11
He's also the same Kev Walker who used to work for GW and who penned the Daemonifuge graphic novel. Oh, and it's highly arguable whether the forces of order in the Khronicles of Khaos were "good guys". Most of them were complete bastards.

R.

Deamon-forge
14-11-2012, 11:56
thanks for the link ORDERED!