PDA

View Full Version : Bile and x20 CSM squads

Gig
10-11-2012, 23:28
I assume someone must have tried this already, probably with Mark of Nurgle for the what seem to be on paper pretty beastly strength 5, toughness 5, fearless Marines,

For those who have used Bile, what did you think was he worth the 165 points ?

The Thirty
11-11-2012, 00:51
I assume someone must have tried this already, probably with Mark of Nurgle for the what seem to be on paper pretty beastly strength 5, toughness 5, fearless Marines,

For those who have used Bile, what did you think was he worth the 165 points ?

I've seen it run (albeit with MoS, with the icon for Feel No Pain), and I wasn't very impressed. With such an obvious target and no way to transport them, you're easily intercepted by tar-pit units like spawn, or units that can chew them up, like Abaddon and a squad of terminators - which is what happened during said game.

Freman Bloodglaive
11-11-2012, 03:11
Basically Bile wasn't worth taking last edition when you could take multiple units, and the only advantage he has now is that his unit (singular) doesn't kill itself.

If he allowed you to upgrade multiple units, say Chaos Space Marine, Raptor, Chosen and Havoc squads for a couple of points each, he'd be worth it. As it is he's an overpriced unit who makes a single unit fairly good, but you're still having to find a second troop plus the rest of your army.

He pales by comparison with, well, any and all HQ choices, except perhaps a Daemon Prince, over which he has the advantage that he's cheaper.

Cap'n Facebeard
11-11-2012, 07:52
Really Bile is a flavour choice, he's only for those who want to field the character. His weaponry is only really useful against low-armour targets, which is not something CSM really struggles with. A small enhanced squad is not really worth buying Bile for, whilst a large squad is not worth buying all the redundant bodies for. It is a shame they didn't implement some of the Legion rules from the HH book and made marines get cheaper after the first ten or so.

Maybe try a FW Chaos Spartan and pack Bile and twenty friends and a Warpsmith in? :p