PDA

View Full Version : Boss Mek Orkapugg.

Solitaire
11-11-2012, 00:23
Hey there!
I've been building a dread mob ork army since the dread and kanns were released and having reached 3000 painted i thought it was about time they got an appropriate boss.
This is a concept of my version of Boss Mek Buzzgob. Going to replace the head with Ghazghkulls, the gun with a control panel, the backpack shotguns and the bosspole with a kanns engine, the power klaw with a inquisitor scale priests hammer and the base with a larger one. Then attempt to sculpt a apron over the skull glyth with liquid green stuff and mek backpacks and a couple of grots and bobs yours uncle! Let me know what you think?

GlenMorray
11-11-2012, 09:43
It's a nice idea man hope its coming along nicely, I'd go for something more Orky at the end of the tendrils like buzz saws or clamps like tge end on the adjustable spanner tge big mek with KFF has, that would rock!

Love it though fella!

Solitaire
11-11-2012, 13:10
Yeah.. I was worried the tentacles weren't orky enough.
Was thinking about using kann arms instead but they didn't look enough like Doc Octs (from spiderman, but you already knew that..)
Thinking about replacing the splikes on the ends with somthing more clunky. Maybe a space marine dreadnought power fists/breaching drill
Any and all ideas/criticism are welcome.

Rokurokubi
11-11-2012, 14:22
Looks good- I'd wondered about those bits from the maulerfiend myself, good to see them in action. Will they be lifting him above the ground?
Look forward to seeing how he progresses!

Solitaire
18-11-2012, 23:00
Did a bit more work this weekend. Still needs a lot of work but I've been busy finishing the armys HQ.

Boss mek, Ghaz, Big mek with KFF, Big mek with SAG, Warboss, Grotsnik & Painboss.

let me know what you think?

Solitaire
18-11-2012, 23:02
Sorry for the blurry/dark pics.

Nightmare84
19-11-2012, 06:40
Love the painting and the doc oct conversion is nice. I think it needs a little bit more dynamic arms though.
The resting of the ccw on the foot just looks a little out of place

andyg2006
19-11-2012, 08:55
These guys are looking really fine!
If you want breaching-drills on the end of "Doc Ock's" tenacles, how about using small homeware/DIY screws?