PDA

View Full Version : Forge World pricing?

Horus38
11-11-2012, 16:31
Specifically I'm scratching my head on why the forge world Basilisk costs 60.00 while the Warpfire Dragon costs 40.00. From what I can see the models seem comparable size wise, anyone own one or both of these for some insights?

Kalandros
11-11-2012, 16:32
Its run by Games Workshop, their pricing never made sense and never will.
I'm happy to buy from China.

jullevi
11-11-2012, 17:08
Basilisk is 100% resin, Warpfire Dragon is not. The latter is a conversion kit using parts from current plastic Dark Elf dragon.

RanaldLoec
11-11-2012, 20:56
If normal GW products are plastic crack.

Then forgeworld products are Colombia's finest resin cocaine.

This post is not an endorsement for drug use it is a comical way to express high prices combined with an addictive product that consumes your life.

Kalandros
12-11-2012, 03:33
Too bad Forgeworld resin is hit or miss.
And in my case it was an entire miss with the Shadow Spectres and Illiryth

Singleton Mosby
12-11-2012, 07:54
I completely agree with Forgeworld being overpriced. It is hard to build a Krieg army this way. And I also need some Chaos Dwarf warmachines but I keep postponing and postponing. Do they ever have a sale btw?

SVKBaki
12-11-2012, 07:56
I completely agree with Forgeworld being overpriced. It is hard to build a Krieg army this way. And I also need some Chaos Dwarf warmachines but I keep postponing and postponing. Do they ever have a sale btw?

Never heard of any

blackcherry
12-11-2012, 15:02
GW don't do sales as it would be seen as devaluing the brand. They are also in the unique position of not having to. Online traders with brick and mortar stores are usually seen as the only way of getting said discounts. Some used to be able to get orders from forgeworld. Check at your local shop would be my best answer :)

Singleton Mosby
12-11-2012, 18:53
Check at your local shop would be my best answer :)

Done so, didn't work. Best thing I can manage that way is getting them without shipping costs.

Fizzy
12-11-2012, 19:42
They never have and never will have sales.

I like that some prices are higher. Separates the true fans of warhammer from the ones that collect a year and throws it away.

Everything I own as models come from FW. Even the really rare Abaddon from 10 years ago.

Of course I want lower prices but at the same time not. If you are dedicated you get a job and buy the things you want :)

Evil Hypnotist
13-11-2012, 07:38
What bugs me is the 12% shipping, considering GW is across the car park and do orders over 10 for free!

Mercutius
13-11-2012, 11:06
When I started with warhammer 16 or 17 (don't nail me, it's to long ago, and I don't think its importetnd anyway :-)) jears ago, FW was so expensive, I could't think somebody seareaously would by anything from them. Nowadays, IMHO the prices of GW products are so much more risen up then the FW stuff, that I today I call FW cheap compared to GW itsel. Especialy for me it looks like as I can get the good stuff from FW form my CSM, where GW with the new Kodex:CSM is so far away from me now.

Morkash
13-11-2012, 12:36
What bugs me is the 12% shipping, considering GW is across the car park and do orders over 10 for free!

From the Forgeworld customers I know and many game groups I've read about: They never pay for shipping, you just order enough and get the free express shipping for ordering more than 250.

I also have to partly agree with Fizzy. Forgeworld makes centre piece models, special characters and generally things not "needed" in the core games, but nice to have and to collect. I for example have the Tamurkhan and Monstrous Arcanum books, as well as the Curs'd Ettin as centrepiece in my O&G/Ogre armies. And if someone wants to go the full way and build up an army of Death Korps, Ellysians or Legion of Azgorh...more power to them, they have an army of which they can say that only a few others have.

You could endlessly argue about the price because many people cannot afford a FW army, but then again I'd dare to say that at least 50% of Earth's inhabitants couldn't afford any tabletop army.

Fizzy
13-11-2012, 13:31
From the Forgeworld customers I know and many game groups I've read about: They never pay for shipping, you just order enough and get the free express shipping for ordering more than 250.

I also have to partly agree with Fizzy. Forgeworld makes centre piece models, special characters and generally things not "needed" in the core games, but nice to have and to collect. I for example have the Tamurkhan and Monstrous Arcanum books, as well as the Curs'd Ettin as centrepiece in my O&G/Ogre armies. And if someone wants to go the full way and build up an army of Death Korps, Ellysians or Legion of Azgorh...more power to them, they have an army of which they can say that only a few others have.

You could endlessly argue about the price because many people cannot afford a FW army, but then again I'd dare to say that at least 50% of Earth's inhabitants couldn't afford any tabletop army.

This. You people forget that people already have a hard time collecting normal GW armies. And then they make some extra nice and detailed pieces from FW. That would only result in higher prices for those from FW. They are cooler, more detailed and have a very good quality overall.

But as above GW's prices are so close to Forgeworld's that a few extra quid can get you a uniqe army and ten times cooler models.

Otherwise I recommend Scibor or other companies for cheaper nice models. Got Angel of death as a temporary Mortarion for 29 euro.