PDA

View Full Version : WoC Escalation League - 500-2500 in 5 months

Galley
14-11-2012, 22:21
So, I'm working on the first step of a 5 month, 500-2500 point escalation league. Really looking forward to a good excuse to kicking me to play different lists than what I've been pushed into by hanging around 2000.

Looking for feedback for my first 500 point list in this post, more to follow as the league continues.

This list is an all-corners type, more fun than cheesy but a goodly element of a strong build.

500 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Roster

20 Chaos Marauders - Mark of Khorne; Great Weapon

19 Chaos Marauders - Mark of Slaanesh; Flail; Standard Bearer, Light Armor

1 Chaos Sorcerer - Mark of Slaanesh; Chaos Armor

5 Marauder Horsemen - Mark of Khorne; Flail; Light Armour

I went with a sorcerer for more utility, and with a level 2, I decided it was more worth it to go with Slaanesh than a random 5 point item. The sorcerer sit with the flail marauders in a 5x4 block, and the khornites exploit whatever flanks they can find, using the Slaanesh block as an anvil. I want to use the horsemen, but I'm really not sure they're going to really make up their points as it's a fragile disruption unit with only 10 attacks S5 on the charge.

Thoughts?

ashe
15-11-2012, 03:43
Question isn't it better to give the marauders shields instead of light armor and mark of tzeench over slavnesh for the ward save since they are the anvil unit? The second change i would sugest is swaping the horseman for 2 units of 5 hounds for redirecting & shielding from enemy fire. :)

FashaTheDog
15-11-2012, 04:19
You wouldn't by chance be playing at Grimfoe would you? I know the list above would give my 500 points of Empire no end of grief.

Galley
15-11-2012, 18:14
...Grimfoe, what's that? Um...

*Smokebomb!*

Ashe - Tzentch with a 5+/5+ save would be good, absolutely. I'll try this as an alt setup and see which I like best. Hounds for their cost really won't see a lot of action as they are really fragile units and I don't want to rely on my ld 8 general to see if I can get them to rally. If I had more though, I might consider a unit of 15.

ashe
15-11-2012, 18:34
every shot at the dogs is a shot the Marauders don't have to take,if you are facing any elves (especialy wood elves they could bring like 21-35 shots in 500 game) in this escalation league you should consider it as an option