Think you answered your own question there :D, undivided is it

Warhammer40k
20-11-2012, 07:19
necron army or chaos army

what army to choose
can any of you help

still-young
20-11-2012, 07:24
Purely fluff and modelling wise, (not played a game with them yet as all I have is like 7 models) chaos all the way. Their fluff is fantastic, the models are (mostly) superb and offer great scope for conversion.

However if you're a power gamer I've heard necron are the go to army this edition.

DarkMark
20-11-2012, 07:38
Necrons, unless you want to become versed in the fine art of Dorodango.:p

sprugly
20-11-2012, 09:22
Both codexes are pretty good, tho the necron one is undoubtedly a little stronger. I regularly beat my necron playing friend with my chaos tho so its not an unbeatable gap.

My views,

Necrons have some Really scary units available, scarabs are death to vehicles, wraiths are evil and tough and the basic warrior is great. Also they are tuple only army with a flyer dedicated transport that is very cheap, tough, with a pretty good gun and never has to slow down to drop off or pick up troops.

Chaos I'm still getting used to but, they have pretty good basic troops with loads of options, plus dirt cheap cultists and more expensive specialized cult troops unlockable. Plague marines are probably one of the hardest to kill troops choices around. Chaos lords can be incredably killy, bikes are dirt cheap for what they do. The new flyer seems great (gotta get me one of those!) There are a few sub par choices in the book but I don't know if any are unplayable especially at a friendly level.

Most important thing in choosing and army to my tho is does it excite me enough to paint a while armies worth? For me, chaos does. But then you could paint a necron army in about half hour With a few cans of spray paint! Lol

Sprugly

Latro_
20-11-2012, 10:02
Iron warriors with necron allies!

RandomThoughts
20-11-2012, 12:36
necron army or chaos army

what army to choose
can any of you help

Play a necron army with chaos allies.
Or a chaos army with Necron allies.

Which to choose?
Can anyone help?

------------------

But joke aside, you have to tell us what you're looking for, before we can answer the question for you.