PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War!

Shush
21-11-2012, 20:59
I really like this game. It's obviously based on the Xbox game and you work together as a team to beat the Locusts. The locusts aren't played by a person they're controlled by cards which are drawn randomly.
There are four different characters to play and each has it's own ability, my favourite is Baird who has bonuses to picking up more weapons.

There are lots of missions and the random events mean they're never the same. There are lots of really nice minitures with the game too and the boards look really good :)

The best thing about this is you really have to work together to win it's lots of fun

BigbyWolf
22-11-2012, 12:26
I've seen it before, it does look interesting. And playing a board game co-op is an unusual idea.

sigur
01-12-2012, 09:06
Very interesting. I've seen it when it was released but thought that it was based around the same mechanics as Descent and Doom with one evil (or Chaos ;) ) player but that sounds interesting. Gotta love co-op games.

reds8n
05-12-2012, 14:02
Played a couple of games of this, very impressed indeed. Another great game from FFG.

... if I had the time I'd like to make a "Mod" for it so you could play advanced space crusade with the same rules, could work really well.

The GoW mins with the game are alright too IMO.

MasterDecoy
29-01-2013, 08:26
Yeah its pretty sweet game, it replaced doom for my group. Scales nicely and is just difficult enough that we lose more than we win.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Shush
21-04-2013, 17:45
We killed the Berserker :)

Does anyone know if there'll be expansions made please? Hope so!

reds8n
23-04-2013, 11:09
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3300

like this you mean ? :)

Shush
23-04-2013, 19:49
Oh :o

Sorry, thank you.

ASSASSINAWOKEN
24-04-2013, 13:26
I have read a lot of reviews stating the game was more than one would expect and the rules are easy and just complex enough to run smoothly.

effbomber
19-06-2013, 23:00
I'm thinking about getting this. Couple of questions: How hard is the plastic the minis are made out of? And are there any planned expansions for it?

MasterDecoy
20-06-2013, 10:18
Not as hard as gw plastic. More like resin. Easily paint able however, my main gripe with them is that the cogs all look the same (except Cole)

No expansions announced as such except the print on demand mission pack.

It really is a very good game

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta