PDA

View Full Version : Necron Acanthrites

RobPro
26-11-2012, 03:13
Has anybody bought these guys? Has anybody played or played against them in a game? Here's a link to their rules - http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/a/acanthrite.pdf

Just curious about what the general consensus is. They look amazing on paper.

Rypher
26-11-2012, 03:30
While not having bought these guys, I would say they do look pretty fearsome. I might just use my Praetorian models as them instead!

I will say that they would work well in a bug list, maybe alongside a tomb stalker. It has gotten a buff in 6th, IMO.

zendral
26-11-2012, 06:59
I own six. From a modeling pov, highly delicate limbs....my biggest gripe. Have only used them once in a game. Ran all 6 and will say: tough little buggers. The gun makes you work with short ranged combat just don't treat them like wraiths in CC. The lack of an invuln and less attacks makes them less aggressive. The unit does amazing with soaking damage and hunting small units/vehicles.

budman
26-11-2012, 07:39
Played them with scarbs subing in for them 6 of themripped open a rhino rush and predator backup and the troops inside on their own.
The more troops he pulled to kill them the more troops he led away from theobjectives and main attack force.
The died but died well

They are super undercosted. For the effect they bring tothe table.

Archibald_TK
26-11-2012, 23:49
Played them with scarbs subing in for them 6 of themripped open a rhino rush and predator backup and the troops inside on their own.
The more troops he pulled to kill them the more troops he led away from theobjectives and main attack force.
The died but died well

They are super undercosted. For the effect they bring tothe table.

Are you a Spy? Did you make your message unreadable without highlightning on purpose? Is this a secret message, a secret code? WILL IT LEAD ME TO A TREASURE IF I DECIPHER IT?

Lath-rael
27-11-2012, 00:14
Are you a Spy? Did you make your message unreadable without highlightning on purpose? Is this a secret message, a secret code? WILL IT LEAD ME TO A TREASURE IF I DECIPHER IT?

No, it was the green fella with that funny hat. This, coming from a necron, i think you will end up like charlie the unicorn. Don't fall for that!

About those spiders, or whatever they are, i think FW is suffering from Cruddace syndrome.

budman
27-11-2012, 07:53

Nope, I am just crap at writing. If I was any good I'd be published and I will repost

Played them with scarbs subbing in for them. I used 6 of them and the effect was that in 2 groups of 3 ripped open a rhino rush and predator backup and the troops inside on their own.
The more troops he pulled to kill them the more troops he led away from the objectives and main attack force.
The died but died well. In the way he pumped a large amount of 2000pts to kill 270Pts

in my view. They are super undercosted. For the effect they bring to the table.

Minsc
27-11-2012, 10:55
They seem riddicously underpriced for what they do.

Really, a T5 W3 powerweaponwielding, meltaweapontoting, jumpinfanteryclassified unit with stealth to boot, for the price of a Lychguard with Shield?
Really... :rolleyes:

budman
27-11-2012, 12:20
They seem riddicously underpriced for what they do.

Really, a T5 W3 powerweaponwielding, meltaweapontoting, jumpinfanteryclassified unit with stealth to boot, for the price of a Lychguard with Shield?
Really... :rolleyes:

I can see them being 60+ pts in IA12.

RobPro
27-11-2012, 12:25
They have rending + entropic strike, not power weapons unless I'm mistaking voidblades for something else. Definitely a great value for the points, thinking of picking up a unit. Moving to a new area, I'll have to see what people think about FW units before I spend any cash. Even at 60pts a model I would consider running a unit every now and then.

Minsc
27-11-2012, 16:27
They have rending + entropic strike, not power weapons unless I'm mistaking voidblades for something else. Definitely a great value for the points, thinking of picking up a unit. Moving to a new area, I'll have to see what people think about FW units before I spend any cash. Even at 60pts a model I would consider running a unit every now and then.

Ah yes, I mixed up Void Blades with Hyperphase Swords.
I still find them severly underpriced though. ~60 pts / model seems more appropriate.

Bonzai
27-11-2012, 18:32
Lol, when I read their rules I just laughed and laughed... As I had honestly believed that Triarch Preatorians couldn't possibly look any worse than they already did...they proved me wrong. These things are pretty much better in every concievable way.

I havent picked any up yet, as I am waiting for the official rules. As they are now, they are a steal.

hobojebus
27-11-2012, 21:08
As a necron player let me say this, they are way undercosted for how good they are, and when you already have wraiths in the codex not really needed.

Nice models but until they fix the points cost i could not in good conscience use them.

ChromeZephyr
27-11-2012, 21:30
As a bug player I look at the rules for these and cry. 3 wounds AND 5 toughness with jump. My Shrikes are positively glowing like an LED with envy.