PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Dwarf Army Book

knightime98
27-11-2012, 00:00
Where do you get a copy of the Chaos Dwarf Army book ?

I went to Forge World and it has the Tamarkhan - Throne of Chaos book but does not specifically say that the entire Chaos Dwarf Army book in enclosed.
All it says is that an army list is included. In other words, they are saying that x points of an army is printed but does not say the entire Chaos Dwarf army book is contained within...

Just wondering.. This should not be a scavenger hunt that it has become..

Very poor poor marketing from whomever prints the book..

Anyhow, any information on how to obtain a copy is appreciated..

I wonder if it is a pdf file for download from their site? They did that for one army a while ago.. It might have been the ravening hordes or something..

Well whatever the source.. let me know..

Many thanks one and all.

thrawn
27-11-2012, 00:03
Where do you get a copy of the Chaos Dwarf Army book ?

I went to Forge World and it has the Tamarkhan - Throne of Chaos book but does not specifically say that the entire Chaos Dwarf Army book in enclosed.
All it says is that an army list is included. In other words, they are saying that x points of an army is printed but does not say the entire Chaos Dwarf army book is contained within...

Just wondering.. This should not be a scavenger hunt that it has become..

Very poor poor marketing from whomever prints the book..

Anyhow, any information on how to obtain a copy is appreciated..

I wonder if it is a pdf file for download from their site? They did that for one army a while ago.. It might have been the ravening hordes or something..

Well whatever the source.. let me know..

Many thanks one and all.

it is indeed the tamurkhan book, GW nor FW has done an official CD army list/book.

very sad i think, such an epic army, and thrown to the perepherals of a campaign book.

anyways, i have the tamurkhan book, it's a great book.

be prepared for a massive investment, ony FW does CD. my army thus far has cost me over $1,500

Karak Norn Clansman
27-11-2012, 00:56
Just for clarifications, the official FW Chaos Dwarf army list in Tamurkhan is named "Legion of Azgorh". Sooner or later FW are likely to return to the Chaos Dwarfs and make fully-fledged army book, but it'll likely be some years until such a time.

m1acca1551
27-11-2012, 03:57
@thrawn

they sure are an investment... but so worth it :)

Erikjust
27-11-2012, 04:23
Just for clarifications, the official FW Chaos Dwarf army list in Tamurkhan is named "Legion of Azgorh". Sooner or later FW are likely to return to the Chaos Dwarfs and make fully-fledged army book, but it'll likely be some years until such a time.

This begs the question if Chaos Dwarfs becomes a financial success might GW "take over" the project and do an official line of Chaos Dwarfs along with their other fantasy armies. It would actually be cool if that was the chase.

GrandmasterWang
27-11-2012, 04:28
Given how slow they are with their actual armies I doubt it.

I love the Big Hats. Working on some fireglaives at the moment.

Your Army is epic though thrawn .... And unique

LOA is an official list for all intents and purposes

Singleton Mosby
27-11-2012, 06:50
be prepared for a massive investment, ony FW does CD. my army thus far has cost me over $1,500

Getting a Big-Hat army from Ebay can make the investment between $500 and $750. That's what I paid for quite a substantial big-hat army. Wonderful to paint and great to play with.

Wishing
27-11-2012, 06:59
I guess one of the differences between FW and GW studio army lists is that GW studio army books are written as one book to cover the whole race, so there is just an "Empire" book and a "high elf" book and so forth, and these books are designed to make any kind of empire or high elf army possible. FW army lists, on the other hand, have a tendency to be effectively sub-army lists, in that instead of covering a whole army type, they just cover one sub-group of an army type. So the FW CD army list is called "Legion of Azgorh", which implies that there could be other CD Legions out there that would have different army lists. There just haven't been any other lists made yet.

This begs the question if Chaos Dwarfs becomes a financial success might GW "take over" the project and do an official line of Chaos Dwarfs along with their other fantasy armies. It would actually be cool if that was the chase.

That seems pretty plausible to me.

Karak Norn Clansman
27-11-2012, 09:44

It's possible, but GW have not yet released plastic Death Korps of Krieg or even another form of greatcoat Imperial Guardsman kit yet, and DKoK was a huge success.

Of course I hope GW will release some plastic DKoK, plastic Space Marine Armour through the ages and most significantly Chaos Dwarfs. I think however that Chaos Dwarfs could do well enough with a limited release in finecast or with just one plastic infantry box. Say that GW release a CD warrior plastic kit which would make 16 Chaos Dwarfs with different suits of Blackshard armour to the Infernal Guards, looks more akin to the Hellcannon crew and some optional big hat heads along with the option to equip them with great weapons or blunderbusses, and maybe hand weapons and shields if there is space on the sprues. These could then be used in conjuncture with the FW stuff in either a Legion of Azgorh or updated FW Chaos Dwarf army list, or as new unit entries in a Warriors of Chaos army book.

Heck, WoC would perhaps need some blunderbuss-toting stunties to allow for a play style which isn't only march up and charge whilst you blast the enemy. The Hellcannon gave the whole WoC army more character and fun whilst playing, so I think one or a few more Chaos Dwarf unit entries in the WoC list wouldn't be misplaced.

Forgeworld implied strongly in the Legion of Azgorh's Chaos Dwarf background that there were many other war machines (and unit types) of the Chaos Dwarfs, and that this list presented but a few of them. That strikes me as making room for future expansions.

Sir_Turalyon
27-11-2012, 12:38
Ravening Hordes is still the latest GW Studio list, and was downloadable from CD fan sites when I last checked. Tamarkhan is a stand-alone alternative list by FW.

Da Crusha
28-11-2012, 06:20
The LoA list is the most widely accepted one now though.

Pancakey
03-12-2012, 16:08
As others have mentioed, it's official. Also very expensive. But nobody has mentioned how easy to play they are. This list is bursting with synergy. The hashut lore is incredible. Thier firepower is godlike. Only downside to the army is M3. But who cares when you are a bunch of castling angry midgets.