PDA

View Full Version : how to start a legion drop pod army

kieranhoare
27-11-2012, 07:02
hi guys, so i want to start a drop pod army using the horus heresy army list and i need some advice
what i have in space marines at the moment is 4 tactical squads and 30 terminators, 2 with 2 power axes each, and an emperors champian (for black templar)
what should i be taking to make an effective drop pod army, and can i put thunder fire like cannons, i forgot their name and dont have the book with me) , in drop pods, or can i put them in the stormeagles, as the storm eagles deepstrike?
thanks

Disciple of Caliban
27-11-2012, 09:48
you cant put them in drop pods. You can however fit 3 of them in a storm eagle.

As for what to include, pretty much all of the infantry options are valid choices, as are dreadnoughts or contemptor dreads. You'll miss out on the tanks/bikes but otherwise the list remains pretty much unchanged.

One thing worth noting if your looking at a deepstrike army, is that termis get combi weapons for a very good price. A squad of terms with power weapons and combi meltas can drop in, violate a tank and then proceed to beat things over the head for a very good price. If your lucky with the meltas you can even cover the cost of the termis in that one salvo. And if you dont, well their still terminators and plenty good in a fight.

Another thing worth keeping in mind is you must include a praetor, so you'll probably want to stay away from the other hq options, or you'll find yourself lacking bodies.

kieranhoare
27-11-2012, 10:00
thanks, i'm thinking 2 praetor to get 2 command squads, and 2 squads of 10 terminators, 3 dread noughts, 2 tactical squads, 2 support squads, 1 heavy support squad with the volkite weapons, and if i have points 3 rapiers in a storm eagle, that way, i dont have to spend to much on forge world stuff